jmatson

pricing on Large Signs

Ok so i thought i was only going to do this for my personal use. Until my friends found out i can make signs and stuff.

I had a Church call me They want a price on signs to put in there arena.

The signs are 4x8 Coroplast I supply (12.00)

The signs will be all txt no images.

Just wondering a Basic price you guys would charge to do something like this.

I quoted someone about that price and they never called me back. That's okay though cause I'm not working for free.

A fellow sign maker made a couple large signs for me, and I asked him what he charged for 24" x 18", one color, one side and he said $20. I was doing them for about $6.00 each.

However, if we're all doing them for the same cost people will have to come to local people.

I quoted someone about that price and they never called me back.

I quoted a 4' x 8' corroplast one side two colors for $100 and never got a call back.

I told them 75$. But there also doing 200 signs. Single color all txt

they are gonna do 200 of these 4x8 signs? :thumbsup:

wow....and you were talking about the market being flooded. it's your cutter, your vinyl, and your business. but you are bringing it to a public forum where some people actually do this stuff for a living. people that charge $75 each for something like this are the people that are ruining the market. i wouldn't get out of bed to do these signs for $75 each. if these are for advertising spots then that means these will all be different. a different layout everytime. is your time worth nothing to you? you should be getting a minimum of $125 each for these. and that's still cheap for applying cut vinyl. if they won't do them at that price. let them find some other schlub to whore it out. sheesh.......

i was talking about internet wise. here in my town. there is 4 places that do it. and takes 4 weeks to make a sign. 

When i told them a price i had no clue what to quote.

What works for one person might not work for another.

How do you guys Calc What you should Charge.

I am playing with Estimate.

I did a banner 24*6 It's saying just for txt 50$ does that sound about right?

24x6 inches or feet?  Too high if it's inches and too cheap if it's feet.  I price based on the local market and I try to be competitive.  Every area is different.  What does your competition charge for banners?