MarcelC

Windows VISTA USB setup for Refine plotters

Hello all again!

I bought last year a Refine MH1351 and instaled it successfully in my Vista laptop.  I did a couple of good jobs with the plotter and never use it agan. Today, I have a new Vista 64bits (maybe this is the trouble) computer and I need to install through USB here the plotter to start to work now.

I've been trying to install it from 6 hous ago using every combinations I have read in the forum and all the istrucctions that comes with the plotter and, no way.

Vista do not recognice the driver in anyway. It is unable to install the USB adaptor, etc etc etc.

I'm just desperate and don't know what else to try.

Any help would be wonderful..

Thank you!

Kittycut

So, you went here and downloaded the latest USB driver: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

You would need 2.04.16 - the top slection.

Could also be that your MH1351 was one of the odd MH units that had a different USB chipset, and I am not sure if there are Vista 64bit drivers available for its chipset.

Maybe try another USB cable, or even another USB port on the computer itself.

Worst case: give USCutter a ring, and one of their techs. can login to your computer and give it a go.

Thanks Kenimes for be always there helping quickly :thumbsup:

I have try changing usb ports, redonwloading drivers, shutting donw the computer.. Driver specs say that it works with Vista 64.

What I can't understand is, if it worked once with Vista, why it dont works now? :thumbsup: My brain is very saturated right now.

Now is 23:49 here. What time is there and what hours are good to find a tech by phone?

Thank you! Kitty

Well, no way to install it through UBS. I borrowed a computer with com port and it works but the trouble is not solved. I gues I will try to sell it and forget it forever (what I really want to do is burn it on fire). How many time losted...

One more thing, SignBlazer is unable to run with the cutter, always errors of any type. No problem with SignCut X2 trial.

Well, no way to install it through UBS. I borrowed a computer with com port and it works but the trouble is not solved. I gues I will try to sell it and forget it forever (what I really want to do is burn it on fire). How many time losted...

One more thing, SignBlazer is unable to run with the cutter, always errors of any type. No problem with SignCut X2 trial.

Or, if it is still under warranty, submit a support ticket to USCutter: www.support.uscutter.com

My email is jstovson@loretel.net , my cell is 701-429-0001. I just posted this yesterday.

Don't know what's wrong with this - I have vista, I downloaded the new driver, connecting with usb, use signcut and signblazer, bought it about 2 yrs ago. It worked just fine with my old computer, but got the new one and the best I can do is make it roll out all my vinyl! I've been dealing with this for about 2 months and I'm tired of it!!!    PLEASE HELP!!!!!    Starla

I reinstalled signblazer today - that didn't help. I can't reinstall signcut because I used up my last three installs trying to get it on the new computer. I stupidly took it out of the old computer before I made sure it worked in this one. I think I bought it in Jan or Feb of 2007. It worked wonderful untill I tried to hook it up to the new computer - don't know if its vista or usb. I have to hook it up usb because I don't have the com or lpt hookup on my new computer. Thanks for your help. Starla

Starla- if your new Vista computer has an open PCI expansion slot on the motherboard (which it should)- invest in a $7 9-pin Serial PCI expansion card, add it to the new computer, and do not frustrate yourself trying to configure USB with an MH series on Vista. No drivers to fuss with when using 9-pin Serial. Just use the 9-pin vanilla colored cable.

Thanks kenimes - I did get it to work finally (no idea how). I will remember that cord for the "next time" lol. Thanks for everyones help - Starla

Another Vista user with problems here! I bought my MH721 about 3 years ago and used it every day on my old Dell PC via com cable. I stored the cutter for a while and just took it back out to start cutting again, figured I would use my new Dell PC with Vista and the USB. I can not get my computer to reconise the cutter. I have tried Flexi 8 starter and Artcut but no luck. When I send something to cut and I click on the pending printer icon at the bottom of the screen I can see it pending but it shows that USB001 is "offline". I have tried both drivers listed on US Cutters downloads but neither work. I can put a com card in my new Dell PC but I want to run the cutter on my Dell laptop as well. Its easier for traveling. I am at a point where I am stuck. Anyone have any tips to help me get this going?

Yes I tried that driver as well as this driver https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us

Is there any special instructions that are not listed like plug in the cutter and turn it on then install the driver or something like that? If I install one driver and it does not work do I have to delete it before tying the other or is it OK to leave on my computer?

OK I got it. When I changed the port in production manager it didnt take and I didnt go back and check. OOPS:) Got it working now though. Hope I can get it going on my laptop without any issues now.

Well I did. I cut out a few pictures playing with the pressure and all, today my vinyl came in and now it will not cut anything. I am about to call tech support.

Yea Flexi 8 Starter. I called tech and they fooled around with flexi and my settings but everything was right on. They had me reset the cutter and it worked fine. It works now but I have to reset the cutter after every cut. I have to pull the USB cable out and then shut the cutter down for 15 seconds then turn it on and then plug in the usb. Im going to try the free download of Signblazer and see how it does. I am thinking maybe flexi is too complex of a program for my simple minded cutter.

once again,  which version of  Flexi 8 are you using?  8.1, 8.5 8.6?  There are several versions  which are you using?

ok  I was just checking that you were not using an older version of Flexi.  because Flexi was not Vista compatible until Version 8.5,  I use Flexistarter with  my older cutter and and my Graphtec,  no problems,  I don't know why you would have have the problems,  I don't have a refine cutter.

i tink windows vista no working with cutter pluter because i  have 1 ASC635-720 AND no working  need WINDOWS XP  :D i make stop 1 ,2,3,4 and np work  :)

I have Windows 7 with a MH721 and I can't make this darn thing recognize the port.... anyone helP? I also dont have the driver program which might be the #1 problem.... searched all over and I cant get any drivers to work. Im using winPCsignPro 2009