Sign in to follow this  
CocoVee

Two Questions on Text and Selecting Objects

Hello All,

I have been trying to convert jpg files to rhinestone cutout files using the interpolate feature.  I have been successful in creating a simple circle and partially successful with a fleurdelis design.  I am trying to create a design to cut out using words. 

When I create a circle and re-size it and then duplicate that same circle, how do I select both circles when they are sitting on top of each other?

Do I have to convert my words to vector in order for the interpolate feature to work?  Do the letters need to be in a font so that the letters are joined like cursive? I typed in the words "I Make T-Shirts" and tried to copy to clipboard.  It only copied the "S" in shirt. I even tried to group the string of letters.  I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sharon

Sharon, I'm definitely not really knowledgable, but I have done several rhinestone templates...I type in my wording, click on the draw circle tool, size it to the size I need( I'm using 4mm rhinestones, so I cut the circles 4.2mm) I don't set any overcut like some do, mine works fine without doing that step. Then I mirror image the entire design and send to the cutter. I hope I've explained it good enough to help you.Sandy

Uh-oh....forgot the important step.....After  placing all my circles I copied, I punch them through the letters (using the weld).Sandy

Uh-oh....forgot the important step.....After  placing all my circles I copied, I punch them through the letters (using the weld).Sandy

Thank You Sandy,

Where do I find the weld in inkscape?