Jwilkinson

Cutter stutters on straight lines..

I've messed with my pressure and speed to no end and I keep getting the same issue.

When I am cutting a square, the cutter cuts perfectly from left to right and up and down, but when it cuts right to left it seems as if the blade is stuttering and making the straight line jagged.  Then when i take it off the machine I need to cut it by hand in those spots.  It does this the entire width of the line.  It seems like the blade isn't turning correctly in the holder and it is actually cutting with the blade in the opposite direction.  At least that's my thought. 

Any ideas or thoughts?  Like I said I've lowered my speed to the slowest and raised to the fastest, adjusted my pressure both up as far as I can without cutting through paper and as low as I can.  Yet I still have this happen.  If the width is only an inch or two it doesn't seem to be an issue, but anything larger and it leaves these jagged cuts.

Thanks in advance!!

have you looked into your blade holder to make sure there is no vinyl pieces , even a tiny piece can mess things up,  put a drop of oil, 3-1 etc.  or graphite on the blade. Make sure the carriage is firmly in it's track,  make sure your cutting strip is firmly down all the way across,   look at your blade REAL close and make sure it isn't damaged. try a different blade.

I'll try the oil.  I have used 2 separate blades thinking that may be the issue.  I also have taken the blade out and checked the carrier to remove anything.  Every thing else cuts flawlessly, just the right to left straight lines..

I'll have to get to the store for oil.

just curious, what kind of vinyl are you cutting?   also if you take the whole blade holder out of the carriage,  and by hand holding the blade holder and running across some vinyl in all directions does it do  the jagged lines?  are you making (cuts/marks) into the vinyl backing when you are doing that?  also make sure there are no gouges in your cutting strip.

Your cutting strip has gouges in it. You can sand the gouges out with some 150 grit sandpaper to smooth it out.

You can use reflective tape to repair a cutting strip .

yeah , there is a " 10 easy/cheap repair list " I read & posted/linked here . I can't find it anymore , but that was 1 of the easy cheap fixes it listed .