Sign in to follow this  
dfwmom

Strange Diagonal Cut, not shown on preview

My cutter has started doing a very strange diagonal cut across the design for no apparent reason. This diagonal is not showing up on the preview. Can some help? I have a Refine. I have to deliver these shirts in the morning and it's already 1 am!

Mine is doing the same thing (SC25).  I dont have a stand =(.  Any other ideas?  That url takes me back to the main page for the forum.

Mine is doing the same thing (SC25).  I dont have a stand =(.  Any other ideas?  That url takes me back to the main page for the forum.

if using scalp it will do that till it is activated - 

• Like 1

well not sure on that - I registered mine straight away so not sure what it does if not registered

Thanks..  I entered the serial ID once installed and it confirmed it was activated.  It's so bizarre that it only happens sometimes.  It's almost like it drags the blade to a certain point, then readjusts itself to cut the remaining contour cut correctly.

guess then I am with skeeter and static.  is the stand grounded to the cutter?

No, I didn't fork over the dough for a stand.  Right now it is sitting on my kitchen counter =).  I tested a theory of mine (since it appears that the only time it occurs is seconds into the first cut), that maybe the pinch rollers are too far over to the right of the machine.  After adjusting the rollers a bit to the left, it seemed to fix my problem for the last two cuts.  The right roller was never so far over that it was off the roller grid (or whatever that thing is called), but it was far enough to being right where the blade sits when idle.  Hopefully that did the trick.

Make sure your file has no "duplicate" nodes that are causing it to think it needs to make the diagonal cut.

I sometimes get artifacts when I import an EPS that is poorly optimized. Is it doing it in the same spot all the time?

If its doing it randomly, static or an interface problem is probably your issue. Replace the USB cable and use a different port.

Check that the baud rate on your machine is set the same in your computer settings... mine did this, too, a single line diagonally across a part of the design.. Baud was set different! Hope you figure it out!