Sign in to follow this  
Bogie

Is there a solvent printer equivalent in quality to the Refine cutters?

I don't mind messing with stuff a little, but I'm getting it back together after breaking up with the ex, and my budget right now isn't going to do a new "name brand" printer...

I figure that US Cutter knows the Chinese suppliers better than most companies - have you thought of carrying a "budget" solvent printer and supplies? My primary use is bumper stickers.

I'm getting ready to rebuild a Mutoh Falcon, again, and for what I'm going to spend, some of the new printers I see on alibaba are tempting.

look for a used roland cj 500 (needs converted less than 2000) / sc500 (needs updated less than 2000). both of these print and cut. or you could get a fj50/500 print only. there is one on ebay right now for 3000. plus conversion (www.solventprinterconversions.com) and you will be around 5000.

all of these are 54"

good luck

What is the general "per square foot" cost to run these things? I thought the Rolands used some sort of thermal print stuff... And I'd be buying a used printer, and adding stuff to it - I'm not looking for one of the monster 3.2 meter machines - just a replacement for a 1 meter Mutoh...