Sign in to follow this  
danthedesignman

Printed vinyl pricing? New to it. Need direction

First off, the reason i picked up a roland pc-12 is I wanted to play around with printing. I am a hobbyist.

I know its not a very good machine, however I could not shell out the cash for a stand alone printer at this time.

It has a brand new print head and prints flawless.

How do I go about figuring out pricing for this little thing? I primarily do smaller stickers. I figure calculate by square foot... but how do i figure out how much a sq ft of ribbon cost? Can anyone point me in the right direction

on the ribbon it should tell you how many sqft it will cover. then take that and devide by the price to get how much it cost just for the ink. now and to it the cost per sqft for material. and that will give you how much you spend per sqft to print 1 sqft. then just add your markup and there you go.

I have priced out my ribbons.

Each ribbon can print a solid 8sq feet @ say $20 each color ($80 all together)

How do you figure out how much ribbon you actually use? 90% of my stuff is just minimal color on white vinyl... I never make a solid filled sticker.

we figure it on a solid fill.

so if i have done the math right you would be at 2.50 per sqft for solid fill, for just the ink. now you have to add to that the cost of the vinyl then you will have your sqft price. Now for your printer i would go even lower and figure the sq inch price. all you have to do is figure the total for the sqft. ink(ribbons) + vinyl = price per sqft, now take that number and divide by 144 to get the sq inch price.

hope this helps