Sign in to follow this  
samhain71

MH1351 cuts slow & Locks up when offline/pause & advancing vinyl. FIXED

Hi everyone, I've been in and out of this forum quite a bit after getting one of these cutters.

I still don't know how I feel about them after a year lol. I did find out that these work great

once you get flexisign pro or another solid cutting program.

I decided to post here because after cutting a larger design (about 4'x6' the largest I go now)

I noticed it locked up and I did my usual reset. After it started back up it was moving very slow.

I unplugged it for a bit. Turned it on and off... nothing would speed it back up. Even when I'd just

hit the reset button it took about 3x's as long as usual. I looked thru all the settings and finally

noticed under setup, the numeral usually next to the word "vale" was a unreadable symbol. I went

up and down the list until I finally got to a number and set it to the usual and it finally started

cutting normally again! Whew! It gets scary in the middle of a job sometimes. Anyway, I hope

this helps some of you out there.

Most likely a combination of static and the use of a usb port. Go Serial and fix the ground under the end cap where the power cable plugs in. It is connected to painted metal(not a good ground). Scrape the paint off under neath the where the wire screws to the chassis of the plotter.  When you advance the vinyl it picks up a ton of static. I had the same problems. I actually connected a wire to the ground under the end cap and ran it outside the cap to the stand. I can advance the vinyl 10 feet now if I want. Get rid of the usb cable find a machine with XP and use the serial cable I have been making 8 to ten foot cuts since changing cables.

You must have a ground wire between the cutter and stand or the static electricity can actually arc and damage the motherboard on the plotter.  This happened to me in my first month.  Support told me the wire is supposed to come with the machine, but sometimes does not.  They sent one to me for free.  Any wire will suffice.  Follow the previous advice about scraping to remove paint to assure a bare metal connection to the frame of both the plotter and stand.  Getting shut down from this kind of frustrating stuff during important work can elevate your blood pressure, waste payroll and disappoint customers.  I hope this tip / info will benefit someone.  ;D