audisnapr

X & Y Movement is Very Slow - New User

hi guys - I finally got a chance last night to setup up my new PCut 630.  After some issue with getting the SignCut X2 to accept the provided license number (was able to chat with software support's last night at 11pmEST and they sent me an updated .app file of the software which fixed the problem) I finally got a chance to get everything setup and do some testing of my new cutter (first time cutter here).  After some trial and error of cutter speed and pressure I was finally able to do my first cuts, which of course was very exciting.  But after an hour or so of messing around with some basic cutting, something changed...

when first started messing with the cutter origin by taking the cutter off-line and using the keypad to adjust its origin, the cutter head would move pretty rapidly across the cutter and the rollers would move the vinyl pretty rapidly as well.  Later in the evening as I was getting more comfortable with the process, I noticed a significant decrease in speed when adjusting the cutter's location in the X & Y axis.  When using the keypad to move the origin, the cutter head starts out very slow and gradually picks up some speed, but never attains the speed it did when I first started using the machine earlier in the evening.  This is the case with the rollers/feed as well.  It starts out very slow and SLOWLY picks up some speed but still doesn't seem to move very quickly.

I tried turning off the machine and let it sit for a bit thinking maybe I had had the machine on for too long and things were getting too warm - no luck.  I tried resetting the machine using the keypad reset button - no luck.  I even tried releasing the pinch rollers thinking maybe they are just too tight (obviously doesn't explain the left to right movement) - no luck.

did I get a bum machine that is tired already, or is there an easy solution to this problem.  It doesn't sound/seem like the machine is binding or anything, but it does seem like the motors are struggling to get the cutter head and rollers moving at their normal speed.

any suggestions or is this a hardware issue and needs to be fixed.  of course if it needs to be fixed after a few hours of use, I'll be a bit sad  :-

Sounds like you may of adjusted the speed down. Check the speed setting on the cutter

omg - you got to be kidding me?  the speed setting controls not only the speed of the cutter during cutting BUT also controls its speed when changing the origin?  HAHA - damn I'm a newb.  Thanks.  That was indeed the problem.

Glad to hear that solved the problem.  They REALLY need better manuals  :notsure:

If you could get what they already have in a format that can be edited that would be a great start. I wouldn't think it would take much to add some things and re-word a few sections.

a better manual would def. help guys like me - I read through the whole thing and could see that it has been translated.  I've never owned any type of plotter before and although in my profession we used pen plotters back in the day all the time, we had tech guys to tell me things like the speed setting controls the cutting speed and the origin movement speed.

Thanks again for your help.  I was really worried that the motors were dying already.  Part of why I did not trouble shoot the speed setting in the first place was because I figured the reset button on the keypad reset all of those parameters... I guess not.

Updating all of the manuals for each of our machines is on my "to do" list, but still am trying to find the time to do it. Many other helpful tasks are on my agenda as well, such as setup videos.

All with time....

:lol: