Sign in to follow this  
Debra Payne

Hi Ya'll from Tennessee

Just got my new US Lazor Point cutter and am feeling totally overwhelmed!!  LOL  I started with the Cricut Expression and quickly outgrew it and couldn't wait to move up to a real cutter.  I have downloaded all the manuals, all the software, got the cutter out of the box and got my nephew to help assemble it.  I am working with Corel Draw and Sign Cut or that is my plan at this point.  LOL  I am trying to resist the urge to go back to my Expression to cut some things I need right now.  LOL  I have been doing machine embroidery for a while and have really found a need for good vinyl decals and heat transfer shirts and school spirit wear in my area.  Being newly widowed after several years of having to limit my business endevors due to providing care to my husband and keeping the family farm going, I am itching to get started.  I tend to jump in and figure it out as I go.  I am sure I will be asking tons of "stupid" questions and hope you experts out there will bear with me and help me get this thing going.   

Just got my new US Lazor Point cutter and am feeling totally overwhelmed!!  LOL  I started with the Cricut Expression and quickly outgrew it and couldn't wait to move up to a real cutter.  I have downloaded all the manuals, all the software, got the cutter out of the box and got my nephew to help assemble it.  I am working with Corel Draw and Sign Cut or that is my plan at this point.  LOL  I am trying to resist the urge to go back to my Expression to cut some things I need right now.  LOL  I have been doing machine embroidery for a while and have really found a need for good vinyl decals and heat transfer shirts and school spirit wear in my area.  Being newly widowed after several years of having to limit my business endevors due to providing care to my husband and keeping the family farm going, I am itching to get started.  I tend to jump in and figure it out as I go.  I am sure I will be asking tons of "stupid" questions and hope you experts out there will bear with me and help me get this thing going.   

You're a little late, I already got the corner on asking stupid questions! :lol:

But welcome to the 4um, jump in a start playin!

(and dont tell anyone you heard it from me, but most of the people on here aint to bad and can at times be quite helpfull!  :lol:)

Welcome!

I had to jump into cutting with both feet and no net. Also my prefered learning environment.

On these forums, I've found my own "stupid" questions often aren't that stupid. And there are a ton of people dealing with the same issues. Also this place has core group of high end users, who can answer just about any question.

I am from northern middle TN.  North of Nashville.  Little farming town where my name is now MUD.  I sold the farm to a developer and my decent reputation has gone to the dogs.  LOL  After 40 years of hard work, little money and never ending days, losing my husband of 40 years also made me lose all desire for that life.  It was a wonderful way to raise kids and live life as a family but pretty hard by yourself.  I can now devote the creative juices to more fun things.  LOL  I can't wait to get started on this new endevor.  Deb