Sign in to follow this  
xpfguy

Mac setup no issues, FYI

If your new and wanting to know what works and seems to be very user friendly here's what I have.

MacBook Pro and Mac Mini, OS X v10.6.4

Graphtec CE5000-60 (24")

Illustrator CS5

Cut Master 2

usb, no key span (don't even know what it is and don't care)

no issues

When I was spending days on the web researching, a post like this would have put my mind at ease and helped with my selection.

Just an FYI - Macbook 10.6 no issues either with the SC series cutter. I got it, assembled the stand, set up the cutter and ready to go. I cut my first graphic within 2 hours of unpacking. It was easy. I too did lots of research online and decided on this one. Great thing so far....it's been 2 weeks.

I was thinking of ordering the Laserpoint II model, but now I believe I'm going to order the SC model instead. Easy setup is more important to me.

What is easy for some, is not so easy for others. Just keep that in mind...

The new Laserpointer11 is a combination of SC and TC...

USCutter is proud to present the new LaserPoint II - our most revolutionary cutting plotter yet! By combining the best features of two of our most popular cutters (the SC and TC), we have come up with the LaserPoint II.

And get a keyspan adapter or a serial cable.

Oops. I have been reading several posts tonight and somehow I mixed the above post with something else I read. For some reason I thought the original poster was referring to the SC plotter, now I see he was referring to the CE5000 plotter.

Oops. I have been reading several posts tonight and somehow I mixed the above post with something else I read. For some reason I thought the original poster was referring to the SC plotter, now I see he was referring to the CE5000 plotter.

Now that would be the way to really go , if you can afford it. I have purchased 2...FC7000 model for me. CE5000 for my son..

I can't afford the CE5000 for the project that I need it for. I'm still trying to decide between the SC and LaserPoint II.

I believe I have decided to get the LaserPoint II and hook it up to my WindowsXP computer for my immediate needs, and later when I have more time, I'll get the KeySpan adapter and hook it up to my Mac.

I believe I have decided to get the LaserPoint II and hook it up to my WindowsXP computer for my immediate needs, and later when I have more time, I'll get the KeySpan adapter and hook it up to my Mac.

Good luck with it...

Good luck with it...

I hope you mean that as positive, and not sarcastic. Of course usually, the sarcastic comment is "Good luck with that."

You shouldn't have any problems at all.

I hope you mean that as positive, and not sarcastic. Of course usually, the sarcastic comment is "Good luck with that."

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. It was positive reply.

It's been a couple weeks, and I wanted to update on my progress.  I purchased the LaserPoint II sign kit off ebay, and after getting it hooked up to my computer and a little familiarization with the software I'm making signs.

Now I need to learn how to install the signs.  I should have figured this out before cutting.  Anyhow, what I need to know do you guys apply the vinyl wet or dry?

One other question, do you use gloss or matte application tape?