Sign in to follow this  
orbitgrfx

Printable 3M vinyl - DuraBrite Inks

Has anyone had success finding 3M printable vinyls for cut-a-print using the Epson DuraBrite inks? Everything I'm reading has 3M compatible with solvent only?

I'd like to pick up a free sample roll to test, if possible, to expand into this market.

3M does not offer any aqueous vinyl. Solvent only. I actually asked my 3M rep about a year ago, and I don't think it changed since then, at least he hasn't told me of it as a new product.

Yeah, hockeygirl, that's what I'm beginning to realize. I spoke to the tech rep at 3M today, and it seems that all of their product is for solvent inks only.

Still looking.........

I suppose I'll call Amy @ MacTac, to get a sample short of their printable vinyls. She was good at send a roll of laminate, but only included an 8"x10" of 1958. I suppose my mistake was telling her I was printing with an 1100.

Do ya have another source for a free sample roll of printables?

Sorry to report  :thumbsup: macTac makes coated agaus inkjet vinyl to be used for dye and pigment ink.

MacTac JT 1958P is one of them.

http://mactac.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Graphic/Sales_Literature/MAC2693_GraphicProd_DigitalPrint.pdf

Paco

Yeah, Paco....

Thanks for the clarification. I was aware of MacTac'c 1958/1858, as I've received a sheet from Amy at MacTac. I'm after a short sample roll to get into production very soon. I'm short on cash at the moment and it's pricey. Looks as if I must bite the bullet and spring for it.

Thought this might help

Vivek,

Good day,

Regarding your question on the 3M 180 vinyl, it will not work with the

Epson aqueous based printers that you own. The 3M 180 or IJ180

is designed to print only on solvent based machines.

The product that will work for you is the 3M 8522. It can be then laminated

with the 3M 8520 Matte. The bigger problem that you have is that neither

Epson is equipped to handle the roll size of the 8522. The 8522 comes in

only 2 sizes: 36