prettybird

Does Flexi Sign Pro 8.1 work on Windows 7

So I tried installing it on my new laptop with windows 7 and it comes up with an error saying it's missing a file called FSUTIL.dll so it won't install completely.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?

Also, while I'm trying to figure that out, I installed flexistarter 8.6 on my laptop (the one that came with my Seiki cutter) because I thought that would work on windows 7 for sure, but it keeps getting stuck.  Sometimes it works with no problems, but sometimes when I try to open it, it won't open all the way, and gets stuck and sometimes it opens but then won't shut down.  And when it gets stuck, the only way for me to end it is to push the power button on the laptop and shut it down that way.  Even if I start the task manager and tell it to end the program, it won't shut down.  Any suggestions on that one? 

Thanks!

For the installation problem on Win7, make sure your'e installing to the Program File x86 folder (manually select it if you have to) otherwise, it thinks the software is 64 bits and you'll have problems.

When the program gets stuck, have you tried killing the process in task manager, not just the application? That usually works better. 

I tried reinstalling 8.1 to make sure it would go in the x86 file and it was installing there but still won't install. It keeps saying it's missing the FSUTIL.dll file.

And for 8.6 it installs fine and works fine sometimes, but not always.  Like yesterday it was working throughout the day but then I unplugged my laptop to run it on battery power in another room and Flexi quit working and wouldn't shut down so I had to power off the laptop with the power button.  Task manager won't shut it down when it jams. 

I posted a message on the seiki forum since this is a seiki edition of Flexistarter (I don't know if it would be different than the regular version or not) and they said they thought something was wrong with my system. 

Does anyone else have the Flexistarter Seiki edition that they are running on windows 7?  Or any other suggestions on what I should try?

I'm wondering if I should install XP on my laptop or something.  Is there any benefits to Windows 7 over Xp that I would be sorry to lose?  Or do you think it would make a difference to buy a regular version of 8.6?

Thanks for your help!

it's onliy compatible in the version FlexiSign 8.5 and 8.6,

why people insiste in working with a cutter plotter in Windows 7 and Windows Vista?

it better works with Windows Xp, and if you have a computer only do cuts and another for design you install Windows 2000 in the Pc who works with the plotter and you will see the diference..

flexi 8.1 and 8.6 both work on windows 7.

Problems with missing FSUTIL.dll file usually occurs on pirated copies of flexi 8.1 .

You can see it in comments on any torrent site with flexi torrent on it  .

Good luck with it

The FSUTIL.dll error is more common than most realize. It most commonly happens in my experience after a computer has been infected with a particularly aggressive virus or trojan. These leave corrupted entries in the registry causing errors. there are several registry cleaners out there that dill help. Also run a program called Combofix to ensure your not I infected with other troublesome items.

The FSUTIL.dll error is more common than most realize. It most commonly happens in my experience after a computer has been infected with a particularly aggressive virus or trojan. These leave corrupted entries in the registry causing errors. there are several registry cleaners out there that dill help. Also run a program called Combofix to ensure your not I infected with other troublesome items.

Yes but same error is  showing even on brand new comps (out of box) with pirated copy.