Sign in to follow this  
Bogie

Cheap printers that work with Flexi?

It appears that my Mutoh Falcon Jr is gonna get parted out for the boards, motors, etc...

So... Anyone try one of the Chinese printers yet? Any of them of the equivalent decent high quality of the US Cutter products? I only need to run 30" material. But I'd really prefer to not buy additional software.

Any suggestions?

I have a mimaki jv2 that I just finished converting to eco sol. It has brand new lines, dampers and print heads, and solvbent resistant pumps. pm me if you are interested.

Odds are that the Mimaki is going to be beyond my budget - I'd like to get away under $3K... Don't need huge speed or six colors or 1440 dpi - I usually print 360 or 720dpi for bumper stickers on 30" material.

Bogie, I am in the same boat as you.

I picked up a used roland thermal printer to tide me over until I can shell out anything over 5k.

I too have (2) epson 1280s... I had seen kits to convert them to dye printers... but nothing on solvent.

If you find anything in your ventures please update me!

Looking to get $2000 plus shipping if that helps. I work out of the basement and garage and rally have wayto much equipment. It does not have a pre post heater, most material doesn't require it. (But is nice for drying, and available at solventconversions.com for $1100) It is not real fast, but has very economical print heads at $165 per head. Also has the seven color so white or metalics are possible with this printer, with the proper rip software.