uscutterboy

Keep getting burn marks around the edges of jpss paper ?

I keep getting burn marks around the edges of jpss paper ?  I am using a Teflon sheet also. Any ideas ?  Thanks

I keep getting burn marks around the edges of jpss paper ?  I am using a Teflon sheet also. Any ideas ?  Thanks

you don't say what temp your pressing at should be 375 degrees if it is set for that might want to order some heat test strips sounds like your temp may be off....

I do a lot of JPSS paper and have never had that problem

• Like 1

I know it may sound stupid, but make sure your heat press is reading Farenheit and not Celcius. I know someone who pressed at 375'C and wonder why her shirts were burnt.

I am using a 15 by 15 sunie press.  It reads F.  I noticed there is a bunch of options when I hold the temp contrtol button but have no idea what they mean ?

I was told to reduce the time. I dont have a infared thermometer yet. But very soon.

I reduced the timer by 5 seconds. It looks great, hope it holds great. 

Sunie did not know what the extra menu inside temperature meant either ?

it looks good. hope it holds good  :thumbsup:

I use them to check tire & bearing temps on the mobile homes I move . Those axles & tires are barely over engineered for what job they do when they are new ... when I move them they are usually 20-30 years old . I have checked the Harbor Freight thermometer against Snap On thermometers & the Harbor Freight tool is accurate .

great idea Roger, I checked the brakes on the Dakota one time when I was having trouble, the old fashion way and got blisters, had to replace the brake cylinder as it wasn't releasing. lesson learned though that I will not forget

great idea Roger, I checked the brakes on the Dakota one time when I was having trouble

You have brakes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

great idea Roger, I checked the brakes on the Dakota one time when I was having trouble

You have brakes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seldom use them but when they get hot and you don't use em they get hot, you have a problem

Hey Scott ,

I was making an attempt at humor with " checking the Dakota " & your member name  being DakotaGrafx  :thumbsup: . ( many of my attempts at humor ends up with me being the only 1 amused  :thumbsup: )

Sorry Rodger, I'm a little slow . . . :thumbsup:

the Dakotagrafx comes from this Dakota

P6291069.jpg

doesn't care if people are around except when you are trying to do something intricate, then he is all over you

all brakes - no acceleration! LOL

I was thinking you had brakes  :thumbsup: Did the truck being named Dakota have any positive effects when deciding to buy it ?

We are way off topic here but the truck was first and when we bought the cat we was trying to think of names and like a smart a$$ I started naming vehicles that went by and I said Dakota - the wife and kids said "that's it".  the cat ignores you all the time unles you open up a computer, or are weeding something intricate then he is all over you and you cannot get rid of him . . .

You are correct , I never used it to check anything besides mobile home tires & bearings ( tires have been 180 degrees .. I wonder what temps usually make a tire go POW ? )

This Harbor Freight thermometer goes to 968 degrees

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=96451&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

NEWS FLASH !!!  :lol:

Just got the Harbor Freight sales promo . The non-contact thermometer ( lot # 96451 )that reads to 968 degrees is 1/2 price with a coupon . Was $59.88 , now $29.99 .If interested anybody can go on Harbor Freights website & print out any coupon .

Thanks Roger. I actually need one, and we have a Harbor Freight in the town right next to us.

Isn't that like the best store? I love two types of stores, Tools, and Book Stores. The Black and Decker Outlet closed, but the Harbor Freight opened up, and they're ten miles closer. Yahoooooo!

My wife and/or daughter don't like taking me shopping cause I can't stand it. If they don't have a bookstore in the Mall they might as well forget about me going with them.

Of course the Massage Salon, and Starbucks are a close second.

Thanks again.