Sign in to follow this  
ralais

Vinyl Scraps

Everyday I am throwing away a garbage bag full of vinyl scraps / peelings / tape, etc... I feel os un-green.

What do you do with all your vinyl scraps / trash?

that depends on how little/large they are.  I keep alot of scraps.    I have read where people give them to schools or places where  they can be used elsewhere, for children to cut with their scissors...and make things.  Just depends on what you call trash. 

I use vinyl that is at least 6" to 12" wide and at least that long for making car dealership logo's and small stickers.

For the dealer logos, I prefer to use the longer scraps so I can get multi stickers per piece.

Backing paper can be used with the plotter pen to draw example graphics to show your customers before you use vinyl.

Have not found a good way to preserve transfer paper.

JOhn ><>

I burn them... i know i know

Shhhhh. I do the same thing and wish i knew of something else also. Otherwise i would fill a 2.5 yard dumpster every week. Instead we have bomfires quite regulary around our house. Great way to start a good log on fire.

Many craft people that have a cricut would love scraps!  When I first started cutting vinyl with my cricut I asked a local sign company for their scraps.  Maybe spread the word that the scraps are free for the taking. 

wow..was just thinking about how un-green it was this morning!!

I love the idea for the kids..my youngest goes to preschool I might see if they can use my scraps :thumbsup: