ramy

Graphtec CE5000

Has anyone used the Graphtec compatible blades? I see they are a fraction of the cost of Graphtec ones.

Was curious whether this is a "you get what you pay for" item.

Thanks

I used the compatible ones with my refine (Roland) I think they are all made in China and they seemed fine. But switched to the clean cut and only really used those on my graphtec other than the first week with my OEM one. The cleancut are so much sharper and seem to cut smoother lines. Cost is a good bit more but I think they definately make up for it, I will stick with them

I would highly recommend a clean cut blade... way better than even the OEM blade that came with my Graphtec.

I have a 45 and 60 CC blades coming that I want to try out for the first time.

Is the 60 recommended for cutting reflective vinyl?

Good grief. I thought springs came with the blades. Guess he figures when you buy new blades you have plenty laying around to recycle.

I haven't had my cutter that long.

Springs don't even come with the Graphtec blades I ordered. I think they're an extra buck if you want the spring.

Clean Cut Blades cost $16.50 a piece. Has anyone ever tried the really cheap blades from eBay?

I see them as cheap as $16 for 5 blades incl. shipping. I wonder if they're worth giving a try?

Clean Cut Blades cost $16.50 a piece. Has anyone ever tried the really cheap blades from eBay?

I see them as cheap as $16 for 5 blades incl. shipping. I wonder if they're worth giving a try?

sent you a PM

The cleancut blades use a finer carbide that is harder and holds an edge serveral times longer than the cheap blades. price the regular graphtec blades - wow they are expensive. why would you buy a Ferrari and put generic tires on it and expect them to hold up at speed?

I have only used the blades USCutter sells & have had NO issues ( Reflective vinyl dulls a blades MUCH quicker than regular vinyl ) . USCutter sells the regular blades on their website for $4 each ( buy enough & the $10 shippng does not cost that ectra per blade or buy the blades with other stuff & no shipping charge on them ). USCutter used to sell them with no reserve on e-bay , so check there & you might get an even beter deal . I think even the Clean Cut blades would dull & don't think they would outlast 4 regular blades . John has posted he has only used regular blades for as long as he has been cutting vinyl . Regular blades are all you need IMO .

I have only used the blades USCutter sells & have had NO issues ( Reflective vinyl dulls a blades MUCH quicker than regular vinyl ) . USCutter sells the regular blades on their website for $4 each ( buy enough & the $10 shippng does not cost that ectra per blade or buy the blades with other stuff & no shipping charge on them ). USCutter used to sell them with no reserve on e-bay , so check there & you might get an even beter deal . I think even the Clean Cut blades would dull & don't think they would outlast 4 regular blades . John has posted he has only used regular blades for as long as he has been cutting vinyl . Regular blades are all you need IMO .

I;m still using the original clean cut in my metallic, reflective holder for over a year! try that with a generic blade. How can you comment on something you have never tried?

I am a clean cut user here too. On my Copam and now on my new Graphtec and they are GREAT

LOL......Clean Cut Blades would outlast your cutter.

BTW, I know a woman who sold her cutter that was 14 yrs old and never had changed her blade.

I;m still using the original clean cut in my metallic, reflective holder for over a year! try that with a generic blade. Rodger, you know I like ya, but if USC sold horse shit you would say it was better than secretariat's. they sell some good products but not everything is the best in the world. How can you comment on something you have never tried?

That is a fact Dak & I agree I would say so ... IF that horse shit was better than secreariat's .. you see, running faster than other horses , don't make him shit gold ... just the same old grass & water that is fermented . I would advise other's to buy horse shit from a no name horse for 1/4 the money instead of a " name " brand horse shit . I have been in metalurgy most of my life & know about hardness , sharpness etc . I have used the same $4 ( actually ALOT les thru e-bay ) blade for over a year . I like you also , but don't get your panties wedged because I am like most on this board ... a bargain hunter . I read a detailed report about engine oil . plain old oil vs the expensive " super trick " synthetic oils . End result & advise was to use regular oil & change it more often . I have the same view about blades . Besides .. I figure I average you out here . as negative as you seem to be , i am positive. We compliment each other .... :D

BTW, I know a woman who sold her cutter that was 14 yrs old and never had changed her blade.

i think I dated her also ... she should have changed her blade at least once though ;)

LOL......Clean Cut Blades would outlast your cutter.

since you said bladeS , I agree . Regular bladeS will outlast my cutter also . LOL

• Like 2

I forgot how funny you were. I see this place has went from one of the most active vinyl forums to one foot in the grave. Glad I was able to "help out" ;)

I forgot how funny you were. I see this place has went from one of the most active vinyl forums to one foot in the grave. Glad I was able to "help out" ;)

One foot in the grave wwwwhahahaha

Now that's funny right dere bud.

You need to check the posts per day and then tell me how dead it is.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Some people are soooo funny

Can, you say Drama Queen? I can weeeeeeeeeeeee

:blink::D

• Like 1

FiveStar ... 5 . I didn't forget how fun you are . USCutter vinyl forum is the original Vinyl Forum !!! often imitated , NEVER duplicated !!!! Funny how " one foot in the grave " it is here .. that you have to show up to continue the spat from eons ago ... Too boring where you frequent ? USCutter forum members will bring a beer to all imitating forum's gravesite ... of course it will be recycled .... :D

One foot in the grave wwwwhahahaha

Now that's funny right dere bud.

You need to check the posts per day and then tell me how dead it is.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Some people are soooo funny

Can, you say Drama Queen? I can weeeeeeeeeeeee

:blink::D

but 9/10 of them are Rodger, Bay, Ash and Bear posting nothing to do with vinyl related help - that is not the measure of a Helpful forum, that is a social networking area for a select few

war00000.gif