cruisinfornia

not happy with graphtec ce5000 60

just upgraded from pcut to graphtec and I hate this new machine. 

something is wrong with this thing.  i did a line of test cuts without changing any settings and every test cut is different.  some have the triangle and some do not.  i had a big job to cut numbers for trucks and it will not complete large parts of a number.  example... it will sometimes not cut the hole inside of a zero or just cut a part of it and not complete it. 

i noticed that there is a small dent  in the middle of the cutting strip.  is that suppose to be there?

i emailed support from graphtec and they said it is there for testing purpose.  not sure if i should take thier word.  maybe i got a lemon.

first never take a job until you have working equipment and you know how to run it.  with that said if you are referring to the test cuts on the machine and they are not the same as you move across the material then there is a problem.  first make sure the carriage is on the tracks and your blade holder is properly secured in the holder under the little tab.  if all that checks out I would submit a ticket if you purchased it from uscutter and let tech support troubleshoot it

also make sure you don't have some vinyl stuck up in your blade holder.  this will not make your blade not turn freely, and give you bad cuts.  I have had my Graphtec for over 2 years and just love it..  cuts perfect every time.  never a problem.  How is it when you use the pen?  Good or bad?    Do you have your blade offset at Zero 0  ?  Have you tried putting it back to factory default?  BY turning off your machine, and at the same time as turning it back on,  HOLD DOWN on the UP arrow. Have you tried a different blade?  possibly other got damaged... 

First, I know I'm traveling in a time machine in this thread.

Thought it was funny that this cruisinfornia signed up in 2010,

made two posts here then what?  Took his own life?

Talk about, "Ask a simple question then, never heard from again".

But Look at 'Em... came in here complaining about the G 5000.  You kiddin' me? You gotta be kiddin' me.

So I drug this thread back from the grave cause I was fortunate to score a CE 5000-60 a few days ago and

wanted to say how impressed I am with it. From the git-go not a problem one.

Previous owner insisted it had less than 5 yards of vinyl through it. Plugged it to my laptop, pointed SignCut in it's

direction and was cutting in less than 60 seconds. Just like others say, Quiet and Accurate.

Real happy to finally snag myself one.... and even happier that it's all they say it is.

So, forgive my intential HiJacking of this comatose thread from the Archives...

Just happy with my purchase.

• Like 4

Holy Smokes Old Thread Batman!

Yeah i love my Graphtec CE5000-60......it cuts...and it cuts...if something goofs up, 99.9% of the time its user error (aka My fault)

• Like 1

Holy Smokes Old Thread Batman!

Yeah i love my Graphtec CE5000-60......it cuts...and it cuts...if something goofs up, 99.9% of the time its user error (aka My fault)

+1

Im looking to purchase a Graphtec CE5000-60 for $800 with a handful of vinyl and blade and other small things.

I had it cut ABCDEF and I noticed most of the cuts looked good but it looked like the E had a couple of wobbles and some other small glitches.

Do you think this is user error? The blade backing, unsure what its called does have some nicks in it from blade cutting too deep.

Any comments?

The same wobbles weren't present in any of the other letters?

Doesn't sound like it would have scared me off, either.

$800 sounds like a decent deal.

800 is a hell of a deal.

The wobble could have been from any small thing..from a loose blade holder to something in the node vectors.

It could just need a new cutting strip.  No big deal.   And the blade adjusted correctly.    $800 is a good deal.

I just got one for $600 guy said he only had used it 1 time to cut 2 decals. he said it was 15 months old and he was a cutter for 20 years and got it to get back in then decided he wasnt and had a storage bill due. this thing is so clean. Im about to hook it up.

• Like 1

I just got one for $600 guy said he only had used it 1 time to cut 2 decals. he said it was 15 months old and he was a cutter for 20 years and got it to get back in then decided he wasnt and had a storage bill due. this thing is so clean. Im about to hook it up.

Congratulations on the purchase.

I haven't had my plotter long but have used it quite a few times. Mostly cutting test cuts and trying to dial it in perfect. The cut strip does have a handful of groves in it. I need to pick up a new cut strip so its perfect. I have heard of pulling the strips up and repositioning them so its cutting on a new part of the strip.

The other thing i found out was the blade carriage was slightly lose. I took the 3 screws off the side cap and removed it and the 2 screws in the top cap and popped it off. took the two screws out that held the computer chip on and tightened and readjusted the top rollers....reversed the step and the blade carriage is nice and taught now. Cuts great now!

I need to work on the condition settings for the different types of vinyls I will be cutting.  Mostly orcal651 and siser easyweed.

My plotter came with over 165 yards of 24" 651 and 15 yards of 15" siser and handful of supplies for $775... Not to bloat but pretty stoked about the deal!

651 and siser should use the same settings. Only change mine for reflective or chrome.

• Like 1

I'm looking to upgrade from my cheap Vinyl Express intro-level cutter to something a little nicer; I like the looks of the Graphtec 6000 but have been finding some nice-looking used 5000 series as well. What are your thoughts: should I spend 2x the $$ for a new, current-series machine (~$1750 for a Graphtec 6000-60) or go with the ~$800-1000ish Graphtec 5000-60 that is described as "like new" and "barely used"? Is the newer version worth the extra money? Money is definitely an important consideration, but if the difference would be huge I'm willing to spend extra.

The ce5000 will do 99.9 % everything the newer ce6000 will.

I love my ce5000.

I paid $1400 for it brand new on clearance

yup love my ce 5000-60 cuts so clean and quiet. brought the plotter pin for sharpie on ebay and love the test before cutting vinyl. I couldnt go back to a cheapo after this luxury.

• Like 1

yup love my ce 5000-60 cuts so clean and quiet. brought the plotter pin for sharpie on ebay and love the test before cutting vinyl. I couldnt go back to a cheapo after this luxury.

LOL  I wonder if the "hater" is liking his yet?  it was the 6000-60,,  I can't imagine a value cutter again either...

• Like 1

Using my lp2 for close to a week waiting for my replacement. Really miss a servo machine

• Like 3

Using my lp2 for close to a week waiting for my replacement. Really miss a servo machine

Did you find a replacement Jay?  Are you going to be able to get your QE60 working again or is it dead?

Got a q75 coming if ups could get their head out of their butt. No time to work on the qe60 right now.

• Like 1