Sign in to follow this  
john!

Can you heat press 100% polyester?

I have a customer wanting his dry fit shirts heat pressed with thermoflex numbers. Now his shirts are 100% polyester, will my heat press mess these up?

Thanks!

It should be the same, but you can check with your Thermo Flex supplier for the temps.

I have to heat press uniforms with Thermo Flex Pro, tonight myself.

I use thermoflex all the time and yes I have applied to polyester, in fact it seems to be most popular type of shirt I get given to work with.  I must admit though, I really don't like working with them.  With some types of polyester I have problems with press marks that wont go away.  To avoid the press marks I have to back the pressure right off and then I worry about problems with long term adhesion.  Sometimes after I press I gently rub around the edge of the press marks with a small stiff scrubbing brush, this helps tease the squashed fibres back out and makes the marks less noticable.  I found trial and error to be the best way when working with polyester, but not always practical.  Perhaps someone else will have some ideas.

Good luck.

That stuff sounds ideal for what I do, unfortunately I'd have to try and find a distributor in Australia and that may prove somewhat difficult, but I'm going to look into it...Thanks FireMalt

we use the regular thermoflex plus or siser. one thing about doing this on poly sports uniforms, the siser shrinks like crazy, the thermoflex plus less but still does. we haven't tried the sport. if you are doing more than one color beware of this.