Sign in to follow this  
anix

Vinyl prices vs screen printing

I need to quote 100 18x24 d board yard signs and i am sure i will have to bid against screen printers and i was wundering what to expect.

For 100 you can compete very easily against a screen printer.

Remember he has to make up a screen.

Most of these sort of signs are made in Australian on Corflute.

This is corrugated plastic sheet that is so Cheap.

When you shopping for it, it is available in many colors and most suppliers are happy to cut it to size.

Always get a few extra.

Good Luck.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

I did 200 d/f two color back in Sept. they were for a local high school fund raiser, I was bidding against a another vinyl shop and a screen printer, the sign shop wanted 6.00 ea, the s/p wanted 5.25 ea.  my bid was 6.75 ea. I got the job b/c of a friend of a friend,

r took my wife and I 3 weeks to do them and almost shut down my business and burn the fan up in my cutter... wont ever do that many again! I think 50 will be my limit even @ twice the price, bottom line... turned out Great! and I learned alot! and the school made $$$ they sold all 200 of them and could have sold more..

you can sub those out. Most big screenprinting outfits will do them for $2-$3 each in lots of 100.You mark up a few bucks for your trouble.  You have a satisfied customer. And a few dollars for doing almost nothing.

I'd welcome cortracts like these. Done many in the past competively. Always consider the liifespan of the signage.

Guest Terry

Screen print is cheaper in quantity, I get them for under $1.00

I have done both SP and VC ask me which I would rather do? Screen Print... because I can kick them out in 1.5 hours vs. weeding and aligning the vinyl 1 by 1. My table, you pick up the coraplast place it in the pre-fit area, flood it and pull it... DONE! As for the Burning a screen well it only takes 8 seconds. Doesn't seem to much of a problem. 

Is there anyway of changing a screen name? Someone couldn't think of a better name...*Cough*Cough* Cutter II

If you have trouble figuring out the name change, just let me know what you want it changed to, and I can do it for you.

If you have trouble figuring out the name change, just let me know what you want it changed to, and I can do it for you.

Ken, Thank you. I did figure it out.