Sign in to follow this  
DeonCarpenter

Very Rude US Cutter Support. Damaged Shippment USC says "once the package..."

I ordered from US cutter and FedEx left the packages outside, when I was not here to receive them, and it rained on them.

I contacted US Cutter and this is what they said:

Live Support: Unfortunately there is not much we can do, if you wanted the package to be left in a certain location that needed to be determined prior to shipment

Deon Carpenter: You don't leave packages in a place they can be rained on.

Live Support: well sir, we are US Cutter, we are not FedEx, once the package has been shipped, we have done our part

Deon Carpenter: That is very rude

Live Support: I am sorry this is not the response you are looking for, but once the products have shipped, they are out of our hands

Live Support: have you contacted FedEx?

Live Support: the next step would be to contact FedEx and file a claim with them

Deon Carpenter: Yes, FedEx said contact the shipper.

Live Support: the responsibility is on FedEx, they left the product in the rain, not us, we had no control over this situation whatsoever

They are right, the responsibility is on FedEx. However, as you said, the SHIPPER has to file the claim,not you. All USC has to do is file a claim. No idea why they don't just do it.

In future, I suggest you ask them to require a signature,and make sure to be home when it arrives.

one more thing:

"I am sorry this is not the response you are looking for"..I have heard that before from other tech support, not USC. Must be some kind of guidebook somewhere.

Is there a problem with the product?.....

And as far as who is responsible.....In my mind a seller is regardless of whether or not they can squirm out of it on some legal basis.....And as far as Fedex, only shipper can file a claim....And anyone who has been in business for a while will know that...

Guest AndrewJ

We are responsible for the claim.  The CSD Supervisor has been made aware.

although i have seen many posts of how much uscutter sucks, in this case i have to side with them. it really isnt there fault at all that fedex left your package there and it happened to rain.

if you dont want a package to be left at your house without you there to receive it then you need to state so at the time of purchase or have them require a signature or something so you know you are home.

you can have the claim filed but i doubt anything will come of it. you will prob get the same response that it is standard to leave a package at the location and that the receiver needs to make arrangements to have it some other way than that

although i have seen many posts of how much uscutter sucks, in this case i have to side with them. it really isnt there fault at all that fedex left your package there and it happened to rain.

if you dont want a package to be left at your house without you there to receive it then you need to state so at the time of purchase or have them require a signature or something so you know you are home.

you can have the claim filed but i doubt anything will come of it. you will prob get the same response that it is standard to leave a package at the location and that the receiver needs to make arrangements to have it some other way than that

I agree. I always make sure I am here (or someone is) when I have something coming.Apart from the weather, there is nothing to stop any passing thief from helping from helping himself.

Is there a problem with the product?.....

This seems to be the most important part . The way my cutters arrived , 1 days worth of rain would not have effected them .

I would try the cutter if you have opened it or are going to . If you have decided to stop at this point , I would consider taking pictures & asking USCutter to advise .

Guest AndrewJ

I believe the product in question is banner material. :huh:

If that is the case, what is the problem? Banner material isn't going to be damaged by rain.

so, Original Poster...what was it?

In any case, seems like we need a place to post complaints about FedEx and UPS. US Cutter didn't do anything wrong in the first place.

Deon Carpenter: You don't leave packages in a place they can be rained on.

Live Support: well sir, we are US Cutter, we are not FedEx

Sounds like to me that the conversation should have ended there.

I believe the product in question is banner material. :huh:

If that is all . I have gotten my chuckle for the day  :huh:

If there is an issue with Fedex, then a shipper like US Cutter has a bigger stick than individuals......A call to Fedex to have your sales rep over for a "coffee" will usually get their attention.....Especially if the coffee room is decked out in UPS logo coffee mugs, etc....lol...Fedex does not want to lose a shipper's business....Especially one the does some volume.....They will get after the "contract" driver and set him straight....

Roxanne ,

How far north are you ? In a city or in the country ? I assume you are in Canada .. 1 day I hope to take a tour  :huh: .

I cant believe what people find to bitch about. Maybe it is all the nonesense complaints that has been aired has newer members thinking they have to complain. Of all the complaints I have seen on here just a hand few are legit and seems like USC has tried to handle them especially Levi. FedEx sucks the drivers are contract and their main concern is to get the stuff delivered and go home they left a printer I had ordered on my truck IN THE RAIN because the driver was scared of my ferocious shi tzu I suppose. UPS are hourly and at 25.00 or so an hour and overtime they don't mind working a little longer.

I agree with you  :thumbsup: . Almost seems a " click " type thing to bash USCutter at times :thumbsup: Business is business ... USCutter has always went the extra mile from what I have read . Sometimes nothing can make some customers happy , but if they have any reasonability at all , they get satisfied from USCutter . Some companies have such volume that they can do whatever it takes no matter what the loss ... I was in Harbor Freight & this guy was wanting a Ac vacuum machine replaced . It looked like it went thru all the wars in history & wasn't even a brand Harbor Freight sold ( the manager could not  find any listing for a vacuum pump they had ever sold )  but after the manager called headquarters , they gave him full credit ( what he said he paid ) anyway . I would have sent him hiking very quickly . Big business is much different than smaller business . A smaller business cannot stand the abuse the big 1s can . Another rip off that gets done to Harbor Freight is the 6.5 hp gas engines ... that engine has become very popular in kart racing . They sell them on sale for $99 & retail is $159 . The kart guys buy them , remove the governors & modify them . When they blow up , some return them for a new engine . The sense of right & wrong is not very strong IMO .

The same happens at WalMart people buy something use it then return it for a refund I have even have heard of people taking things from cleanup(our town has a spring clean up where you put out stuff you no longer want and they haul it away at no cost to try and keep the town clean and neat) and returning it for refunds to me that is Paramount to stealing. I have always got good service and timely shipments from USC and most of Their complaints that were legit seem to be taken care of.

Since we have tangented off the main topic of this thread , I have to tell this since it is the most blatant act of stealing I have ever heard of . A Contractor who built homes that I did excavation & septic work for , was bragging about this . He bought a new TV , the biggest & best the store had  . He brought it home , unwrapped it & put a cinder block back in the box . Took it back to the store & raised holy hell about it .. had the managers apologizing & giving considerations to appease him plus a another new TV . I just shook my head & didn't comment . There 2 things that nobody can take away from me , my pride & integrity .. only I can do that . I don't believe how cheap some people sell their integrity & pride for .