Dakotagrafx

couple of blasted mugs from tonight

it works well for me - but there are many combinations of machines and software that work good for other people also

Dakota,

I have been using Aluminum Oxide now for a while but I use 220 grit to produce a really even etched look. I do however like the kind of chipped sparkle effect that your course grit is leaving. The crumbly thing would be switching out cabinets or having two cabinets to run two different grit media.

Nice work by the way.

Have you found any vinyl or resist that works better on complex curves such as something like a fish bowl or really curved wine glass?

I have just been using scrap 631 vinyl and it works ok and sometimes a little heat helps, or even placing small slices here and there to let the stencil lay flat on the curve.

Dakota,

I have been using Aluminum Oxide now for a while but I use 220 grit to produce a really even etched look. I do however like the kind of chipped sparkle effect that your course grit is leaving. The crumbly thing would be switching out cabinets or having two cabinets to run two different grit media.

Nice work by the way.

Have you found any vinyl or resist that works better on complex curves such as something like a fish bowl or really curved wine glass?

I have just been using scrap 631 vinyl and it works ok and sometimes a little heat helps, or even placing small slices here and there to let the stencil lay flat on the curve.

a lot of time I just use 651