Dakotagrafx

couple of blasted mugs from tonight

here are a couple of sandblasted mugs - these cutters can be used for sooooo many projects!

post-2774-12986556125187_thumb.jpg

post-2774-12986556126397_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great Job Scott you are great at doing those mugs along with the coffee mugs.  I live in a condo so no chance of me getting a sandblaster.  Thank God,  you guys already have me in to much crap  :D:)

I use to be so happy cutting a few simple decals now claw and you have me doing shirts, mouse pads, aprons, mugs, tote bags and who know what else ...

oh it could be done in a condo with a small tabletop blasting cabinet!  never say never

The SoA mug looks wicked.

Did you hear? Ron Perlman has refused to do another Hellboy cause he's having too much fun doing SoA.

What type of set up are you using to blast your mugs? Air eraser? Sand or Aluminum Oxide? I'm thinking of buying Air Eraser and if is the results you can achieve I'm In!

What type of set up are you using to blast your mugs? Air eraser? Sand or Aluminum Oxide? I'm thinking of buying Air Eraser and if is the results you can achieve I'm In!

Exactly my questions.  Man that looks so much cleaner than the results i'm getting from armor etch.  It just looks awesome!  :huh:

I just got an order for "Sam Cro" Support patches.  *facepalm*  Sons of Abercrombie fake colors.  What's next!? 

SWEET!!!  Looks great!  Just got my air eraser, and think I'm going to order some Silicon Carbide.  Don't have a cabinet yet, but I think I'll just make one with some plywood that I have sitting around.

OutBreak , You can catch the 40 lb Harbor freight cabinets with stand on sale most of the time for $219 , some times $199 & when I bought mine $189 . Some chashiers/managers let you use the 20% discount coupon in the sale price .

Here is just a cabinet without a stand ( 30 lb instead of 40 lb ) for $119 http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/startBrowseBook.do?bookid=312&preview=&type=RET&simple=

I have been looking into getting into this for awhile now.  I currently laser engrave all of my glass, but using sand is the way to go, no doubt about that.

I like that set-up cabinet either the 30 lbs or 40 lbs, my question is what else do you need to buy?  The cabinet comes with a nozzle, but I am guessing for glass you need to be able to control the psi to get the fine details of the SOA glass in the picture?

Parrt 2.    For a masking, can you use just regular vinyls that are plotter cut or do you need to buy a thicker material to use as a mask.    Will my craft robo pro cut these thicker materials?

Thanks in advance.

The soa was done with cheap fdc sign vinyl for a mask.  I ahve blasted from 40 to 100+ psi.  your air compressor should have a pressure regulator, I really blast at whatever it is at and haven't regulated it yet!

Thanks for the pointers.  Next is how big of a compressor to get? Would only be doing a glass or two at a time but can not get something too loud as it will be in a basement.

Also, what is the trick for doing curved surfaces?  Like a large wine glass.  How do you wrap the stencil around it and keep it smooth and flat?

mopar - I am not sure the glass bead will cut the glass as the sand and AO does.  it is really made for removing paint without removing anything else.

on the compressor I already had the Craftsman industrial compressor but it really doesn't take much to do a mug.  on wrapping the mugs just take it slow, I learned getting the right warpage to the image on a shot glass wasn't as much fun as I had thought it would be .

Great work,

I hope you are getting the mugs @ a good price,

I went to a restaurant supply business, they were almost $4.00 each.

I now buy 24 oz mugs @ Dollar Tree, for a Dollar. LOL

greg :thumbsup:

I am in process of buying a plotter to make stencils for sandblasting purposes, primarily wine glasses, mugs, etc.  I'm not a business, but working out of my garage.  My question to you is do I assume this is what you are using:  Graphtec CE5000-60 , Flexi, Corel x4, LXI VE master pro 8.6.  Is this the set up you would recommend for primarily sandblasting glasses, etc.  Does your software work well for you?  Can you scan and transfer into the software?  And also, what else are you able to use it for business-wise?  It would be nice to use it for wall quotes, signs, etc., if I can find customers for that.  Thanks for your help.