Stlouistech

Popular Decals?

What seems to be the popular decal that every looks for?

If I were to take some decals with me to sell at a flea market or something, what decals sell the fastest?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Do I make ten different designs or decals and take them with me? Do I bring the machine along with me so that I can cut anything people want?

Thanks for the advice and input in advance!

Our ideas?  what's your ideas?  You bought a vinyl cutter to do what with?  Use everybody else's ideas?  You need to create your own designs.  own ideas.  that is what will sell, UNIQUE, Different,  IF your ideas are good.  It is all trial and error on any designs. If we all knew what sells so great , we would all be rich.  Each person has to make their own business plan. You are the only person, that knows what you can design and cut to make decals.  So use those ideas and make your own business. Do what works for you.  my 2c

• Like 1

Our ideas?  what's your ideas?  You bought a vinyl cutter to do what with?  Use everybody else's ideas?  You need to create your own designs.  own ideas.  that is what will sell, UNIQUE, Different,  IF your ideas are good.  It is all trial and error on any designs. If we all knew what sells so great , we would all be rich.  Each person has to make their own business plan. You are the only person, that knows what you can design and cut to make decals.  So use those ideas and make your own business. Do what works for you.  my 2c

Thanks, I was just curious if anything sold more than others. I guess it depends on the area you are in.

you have to make your own niche' no matter where you are at.(area) Why do what everybody else does?  That is just a price war.  and those prices go down. You have to be different to get the customers and then you will get the good money.  And No copyrights!!!

Carolyn is right on the money, what may sell in Florida may not sell in New York.  Try to find your own thing like she said.  Hunting and fishing stuff is always good.  But again if it is just run of the mill stuff the only way you will sell anything is to price cut everyone and then you still probably wont sell much or make anything.

If you have a booth already at the flea market watch the people see what designs they are wearing on their shirts etc.  might give you some ideas.  Now days with cutters being so cheap it seems everyone has one, to make it work and make money you have to come up with a market like she said.  Thats not as easy as it sounds either,  I know some pretty damn good artists and they aren't even doing that well...

In any case welcome and good luck.  I don't like preaching it and I feel if you want to take the chance its your a$$ but be careful with copyright material especially Harley Davidson, VW, and quite a few other aggressive companies...

I know this all for first hand. I got my machine couple months ago. My whole plan on just vinyl for my Uncle's Corn maze. and for my Wife's Racecar. But then i figured that wasn't enough why not make money. I live down South. Racing anything that has wheels is life. So that's all i do is racing stuff now. I do allot of Odds and end cuts also. What i found helps allot. Get you some good clip art. I've Spent almost 500 in clipart in the last month. I suck at design work. So clipart works for me and doing racing stuff. It's also not worth selling on ebay unless you have your own design. Way to many people own these machines now.

you gotta find your niche.

i cant say i do a lot of business, but i just do it as a hobby. even as such, i believe ive found a pretty well untapped market, an i think if i really pushed and advertised more, id make a killing. even as such, with little to no advertising, i do about $50 a week for about an hour of 2 of work.

everyone seems to want to decorate their cars, walls, ect, now a days, you need to find something that everyone else ISINT doing, imo, to really get any business. if everyone and theyre brother are selling, say, nascar decals, thatd be the last thing id be looking to sell. 

I'm in the Dallas, Tx area, The big thing here right now is that stupid western star. Its a simple photoshop tool star and everyone is going crazy for them. Even though these things are dumb as heck, I just might jump on that wagon, cause they are buying them for 15.00 in a 4 inch star.

I'm in the Dallas, Tx area, The big thing here right now is that stupid western star. Its a simple photoshop tool star and everyone is going crazy for them. Even though these things are dumb as heck, I just might jump on that wagon, cause they are buying them for 15.00 in a 4 inch star.

Are you referring to this star?

http://www.fastdecals.com/shop/mix-bag/nautical-star-decal-sticker.html

Ouch!

Well while you are right, if anyone comes out with a unique design, its gonna get stolen.

I will tell you that doing flea markets and shows without bringing equipment just never paid off for me.  Carrying cut decal inventory is a losing battle.  They time out before you use half of what you stock. 

What are you interested in?  I'm a horse girl so that is one of my bigger sellers.  I know what looks good and whats hot.  I found several small niche markets over the years and took the time to trace/draw custom stuff that no one else had.  That's the stuff that sells well for me. 

After all, how many texas stars, calvins, and brush script letters does the world actually need?  :huh:

Good luck!

wow you got some posts going on this one lol. I got a DC converter and 2 car batteries and take my cutter with me with a laptop! i'v never done anything like that though. i''d make signs saying "tribal, skulls, sports," stuff like that then if they come up you can say what are you looking for and pull some stuff up for them to look at. i think they would think it was really cool to watch you cut it might even get some business just from that! any i'm cutting something and someone new is around they always come over and put their nose on the cutter as it's cutting lol