Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Recieving basket

I have a suggestion.Wht don't you design a netted recieving basket to fit with the same plates as the carrier rollers,but fitted on the inside of the stand and facing the front.It would help keep the product off the floor,and it would strenghten the stand.Just a thought.

Bill

you know billy thats a good idea i never thought of that.. man i tell ya  dust is amajor problem in my area...  i live almost ina  desrt type soil area  its all sand... and a basket would definately be way cool  .... you guys should come up with somethign it cant be that hard  heck even another set of rollers off the front would work fine

Thank you both for the very good suggestions. I'll definitely pass the info along and see if this is something we can implement in future models.

I've seen those before! you can buy them online, I made my own. Just extend the carrige from front to back so it sticks out in front and the back then us some cheapy static resistant material and conect it to both sides. So it collects the slack from the roll aswell as collects the vinyl as it comes out the front.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The picture you show is along the same lines I was talking about.But I don't see anything to catch the vinyl.Are you talking abouit having a flat piece of static resistant board flat across the carriage? I'm thinking more along the lines of a deep mesh basket.When you have 7 or more feet of vinyl feeding back and forth through the cutter,I don't think a flat piece would catch the vinyl and keep it from sliding off to the side.And on the softer vinyl,you have to set the rollers a little loose so they don't show the roller marks in the vinyl.I have R2 right by my work desk,and I've had the end of the vinyl bump the end of the desk when it fed out.It knocked the whole registration of the design off.So now,when I have a large vinyl run,I have to make sure to pull the cutter back so it doesn't hit anything while it's running.I have seen the ones that are for sale online,but to me they are way too shallow to catch a large amount of vinyl.

It doesnt show the way I wanted in the picture :huh: but I meant those brackets are on both sides. And you use fabric and hang it from the brackets. so it gets caught and rolls itself.

I'll see if I cant draw it better..

I see what you're talking about.I thought you just had a flat piece of board across the brackets.I may have to try that.Thanks!

Just a thought,

I have about 300+ yards of silicone impregnated 1.1 oz rip-stop nylon that I used to use for model rocket parachutes. I will try and get some light aluminum and make a little bracket and some rods to hold the material up if any of you are game. Be warned, the colors are bright! Had something to do with being visible from below. Raspberry(pink), Lime,(Green), Lemon(Yellow), Cantelope(Not quite orange), and a couple others. You can be both fashionable and if enough sleep deprivation is used, a little psychotic! This stuff is really slick to the touch, and I think the vinyl will slide over it no matter which side is rubbing. Problem was it was expensive.

I understand this is an old topic, did any one come up with an idea?? I work in a machine shop and could fab up something quick for you guys, like a frame that would have a fabric catch?? You guys help me, and I help you..... :(

I just sat the cardboard box that the plotter came in in front of the plotter. Keeps the vinyl off the floor,anyway.

Any chance that they can be retrofitted to the refines, copams or pcuts?

You could use some material from a nylon shower curtain it would likely be enough material for at least two and possibly three or four, they are readily available and inexpensive as well.

D

After some thought, a banner would work as well.

Ill have to try something this weekend...  i have some free time and extra banner material.  I have a problem with static since my plotter is on carpet.  Can i put wood under the stand to limit the static on the cutter stand?