Sign in to follow this  
Benr98

How many use pricing software?

Being new into vinyl signs/decals, etc.... I was wondering how many use a pricing software or do you just make your own prices?

Thanks.

Jenny

I use Estimate for sign pricing. It's expensive but once you get it set up right it really does a good job. It really has shown me where I was losing money because I wasn't charging right for things like clean-up, set-up, etc. It takes all the guess work out of estimating jobs. You can print your estimates, invoices and alot of other different reports of the jobs you are doing. Some people don't like using pricing software but for me it's great.

PEACE

Thank you both for your input.  I might try Estimate free for 30 days just to get a better idea of prices.

Thanks again.

Jenny

Just remember it might take a few days to get it set up just right. You'll have to do some research of the prices of materials and different signs in your area so the program will give you accurate quotes. Good Luck

PEACE

If you try using that around here you'll be broke in a week.

This area has a sign shop on every corner. (it seems)

I have been to some parts of the country where I drool over the prices they get. Can't do it here.

You might try your own personal survey and ask different businesses what they paid for their signs. Be sure you ask if it was installed for that.

I set my prices. There are too many variables...shops in the small towns a few miles from here can charge more and get more than I can.Different areas of the country, different types of customers..it all makes a difference.

After 35 years of giving estimates in the upholstery trade, I can look at a customer's face and tell what they are likely to pay.

And don't be fooled..the ones who can AFFORD to pay high prices will usually be the ones who want to haggle for the lowest price. Lower income people,who know what it feels like to WORK for your money,will usually know what a bargain they are getting and not haggle.

Rich people usually get rich by screwing us poor working stiffs.

Not screwing - frugal. At least if I was some Richie Rich, that what I would call it. For now, I'm a poor working stuff.  :)

I set my prices. There are too many variables...shops in the small towns a few miles from here can charge more and get more than I can.Different areas of the country, different types of customers..it all makes a difference.

After 35 years of giving estimates in the upholstery trade, I can look at a customer's face and tell what they are likely to pay.

And don't be fooled..the ones who can AFFORD to pay high prices will usually be the ones who want to haggle for the lowest price. Lower income people,who know what it feels like to WORK for your money,will usually know what a bargain they are getting and not haggle.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are correct on that matter. In the past I have had people drive up in their expensive cars, Rolex watches, and huge diamond rings glittering, reach in their trunk and hand me a filthy, rotten board they found in a ditch somewhere and want me to paint them a sign on it and scream bloody murder whatever price I quoted.

I learned quick to throw their board into the trash, use good material and charge whatever I want.

ALWAYS GET AT LEAST 50% DOWN WITH EVERY ORDER. You will eat less signs that way.

If these bores don't like my price, tell them to go else where.

One thing I learned about the sign business is: "YOU CAN RUN YOUR BUSINESS OR IT CAN RUN YOU!!"