Sign in to follow this  
bsworks75

Hot To Stack?

I have a large job I'm doing It's someone business phone number going on front of their building window (59' wide by 9.5' tall). she wants one sold color and then an outline. What will be the easiest way to print this big thing out and stack them correctly so there is an even outline? I'm new at all this and this is my 2nd job and it's huge! haha HELP please ;D

That is far too big to be competitive if you are doing cut vinyl......Should be painted....How much are you charging?....There is probably 400.00 to 500.00 in materials alone.....

i am sure this is a misprint and the op meant to put in inches versus feet. Or if it is feet just figure it our for each number and would not be that hard of a layout. as far as the outline would there me a little space between the number and outline? then it would be easy to do a install this way with a top hinge on each letter.

Painting is a option but not a very good one for this application as life would be a major concern and overall appearance when viewed from a close distance.

Set your spacing se each letter is no more than 4' wide. 3 yards per letter. 50 yards of 48" Oracal 651 for $179, so each letter your cost would be 10.74 per color. 10 letters approx $110 single color, $220 2 color. Not anywhere near $400 to $500.

I was going on 200.00 a roll x 2 rolls plus shipping....And if you keep the letters to 4ft wide the kerning might be very interesting...

i am sure this is a misprint and the op meant to put in inches versus feet. Or if it is feet just figure it our for each number and would not be that hard of a layout. as far as the outline would there me a little space between the number and outline? then it would be easy to do a install this way with a top hinge on each letter.

Painting is a option but not a very good one for this application as life would be a major concern and overall appearance when viewed from a close distance.

Set your spacing se each letter is no more than 4' wide. 3 yards per letter. 50 yards of 48" Oracal 651 for $179, so each letter your cost would be 10.74 per color. 10 letters approx $110 single color, $220 2 color. Not anywhere near $400 to $500.

I dunno..feet might be right..he says 'large', then 'big', then 'huge'. But who knows?

I agree john. One never knows. But huge to one in not always huge to the next. But i did figure on the feet size to give a idea of cost. Of cours will vary a bit per vendor and material, just a ballpark.

I agree john. One never knows. But huge to one in not always huge to the next. But i did figure on the feet size to give a idea of cost. Of cours will vary a bit per vendor and material, just a ballpark.

I've seen things like that spread across entire store fronts here too. Of course you have to take into account the window spacing.

I've done "MATTRESSES" 30" tall....16 feet wide....and that's about as big as anyone has asked..so far.

I am beginning to think it might be INCHES..on his other post, he talks about $45-$50 for doing it. And even at inches that's not much.

yes, I saw the other post too now. I agree with you again John, thats what it is looking like.

yes, I saw the other post too now. I agree with you again John, thats what it is looking like.

I hate it when people post and then just leave us hanging with questions.

Would still be $1000+- to install depending on location, height off the ground, etc.  Might have to rent a man lift, unless OP happens to own one.  Figure at least two men and an hour per number.

Sorry ya'lls busy weekend I also run a print shop... anyway sorry I suck, it was early and I was angered at thinking of this project; It IS inches! I will insert image of what I'm trying to accomplish..... I am EXTREMELY new as in I've done one project for one person and it was simple... so I don't know any of those technical terms.. hinge... haha Sorry help is appreciated :) And I am a female :DPicture1.png

easy...

outline the text...cut the two colors separately, put down the outline first,lay the pink on top of it.

you make it sound so easy! lol I'm scared I'll F it up :D Also, does anyone use illustrator? That is what I'm using and I have a question about it as well! :) thanks )

so practice with some cheap scrap vinyl first. Smaller version, work up to a larger version.    Gotta learn somewhere

you make it sound so easy! lol I'm scared I'll F it up :D Also, does anyone use illustrator? That is what I'm using and I have a question about it as well! :) thanks )

wet app will allow you to move it around and get it in position.

shoot your question, im currently trying to ween myself off coreldraw to AI and may be able to help, or i am sure someone else will

so I don't know any of those technical terms.. hinge... haha Sorry help is appreciated :) And I am a female :D

I don't think female has anything to do with this issue.  The only stereotype I could imagine is that you might be more artistic than at least ME and maybe a few of the other guys here.

Try any application fluid before appling the second layer.  It allows you to float, move, see, peal on and off, and reposition your vinyl so you get perfect results.  Did I also mention that it helps remove unwanted bubbles.  Youtube "vinyl with application fluid".