Sign in to follow this  
Jaz7500

CTN630 DOA LCD has Blocks, fan runs

I have a new CNT630 and all it shows is blocks on the LCD. The fan runs and the cutter holder will jump if I press the right side limit switch.

Is there a way to reset the unit?

Thanks,

Guest sciondrgn

Normally when you have teh blocks on the LCD that means one of the limit switches are depressed, Power down the until and slide the carriage manually away from them and make sure one of the switches is not stuck in. Power back up and see if it resets back to normal

Both kill switches seem to be fine. With the carrage in the center and power turned on,  The display still has one row of 8 blocks.

The USB is dissconnected at this time.  When I power up the unit and press either kill switches the blade holder will move up and down. I have not seen the the carrage move left or right yet.

Make sure neither of the red buttons are stuck in, and if that seems OK, you may need to open the bottom panel of the cutter (8 screws) and investiagte the connections to the motherboard. Some have investigated and checked all connections which seemed fine, but put it back together and it worked so.....might have been something loose. Warranty will not be affected by you opening the cutter.

Thanks, I opened the bottom and found that U16 was NOT seated in the socket. I also found one mounting screw missing from the powersupply and another one loose.  I put it back togather and It works fine. Now I have to figure out why the computer don't see it.

Thanks for the help. :you rock:

:lol:

Let me know if you need me to call you for help with the communication between the cutter and computer. You can PM me a phone number if needed.