Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Trying to Decide

Hi Everyone I'm looking for advice. I'm looking at these cutters and was wondering which you would recommend. They kinda of look the same but maybe one is better than the other?

Refine Goldcut 24

Refine Ecocut 24

Creation Pcut 24

Uscutter MH-721

Or I was also looking at the MH-871 34". I'm kind of up in the air on whether I would use the extra width. I'm mainly using this to cut stuff out I want to sandblast

Any feedback would be great!!

Thanks

Eric

Haven't seen any reports on the Goldcut or Ecocut  too new. Older Refines seemed to be better than newer Refines.   Pcut was just brought back, and people seemed to like them better than the Refines. . .  If you can afford it,   buy a Graphtec.  You will never regret it.   Just do some searches in here for the cutter names and see what results you get on it.

of the choices you listed the p-cut

Im with Dakota on this one.

I don't know about any of the other models, we have the MH-871 and love it. 

The only issues we have is, it looses contact with my USB port from time to time and when putting a weeding box around long images it will not track straight, in 8' it's 1/8" above on one end and 1/8" into the letters on the far end.

JOhn ><>

I have the the refine MH721  I've had it for about 4 months for my vinyl lettering business .  I have not been too happy with it and am glad that I didn't pay more than I did for it.  I am in the process of looking into buying either a Graphtec or a Roland hoping that all the problems I'm dealing with now will be gone (considering the price difference they BETTER be gone).  My refine cuts things crooked if the design is fairly large (I have the 24" cutter).  And it almost NEVER matches the cuts IE when it's cutting out a letter, the beginging cut does not meet with where it ends.  So I have to get my exacto knife and make cuts in the vinyl to even the cut out so that when I weed it, it won't start to tear and stretch the letter out.  I hope that makes sense.  Anyway, things are taking me twice as long because I have to go through the entire vinyl image and fix all the cuts in the vinyl that the cutter failed to cut correctly.  I've put an ticket order into US cutter and never heard a word.  Not great software that comes with it either.  It only somes with a trial version (that never expires) but it did not say that when I bought it.

I wish I could have just started out buying a better cutter but wasn't sure how well my business was going to do.

And it almost NEVER matches the cuts IE when it's cutting out a letter, the beginging cut does not meet with where it ends.  So I have to get my exacto knife and make cuts in the vinyl to even the cut out so that when I weed it, it won't start to tear and stretch the letter out. 

That sounds more like a blade adjustment issue... offset, blade depth, etc.

I have a MH 721... 2 years old and I push it hard at a flea market every weekend every week 3 days and I also have a Omega OM 60 that cost 3 times as much.......I love my 721 but I use it with Flexi-Pro software and Signlab, Cuts fine and starts and ends where it is supposed to. all I Can tell you is do what you think is best.......I have had Roland, Gerber, Newstar, and Refine........ all have worked well but the Sign Blazer to me is Junk..........So I would be looking at software.......... cutters are only as good as the software.......Banner John steared mr to the MH-721 and I have never been sorry..... maybe tomorrow I will be, but not as of yet..........Big JimT