Stuff4Toys

How to get Wrinkles out of Banner Material???

Guest AndrewJ

The OP has already been PM'ed.  I have had a 2nd conversation with the Memphis Warehouse Manager.  Here at the Seattle Warehouse, we do not carry the Zen Banner material, so I can not attest how the banner material comes pre-packaged.  The banner material we ship is tightly rolled / wrapped, and I am unaware of any complaints of damaged rolls received.  The Zen Banner material is a relatively new product for us to carry, and appears that the pre packaged material is not suitable for shipment, and will require further steps to assure that they are delivered to the customer in good condition.

That being said, I am also unaware of other Zen Banners that have been received damaged.  This appears to be a situation of, "when it rains it pours", and unfortunately the OP has received 2 of ...2? Zen Banners that have been damaged in transit.  

@BannerJohn, I've recommended that the Zen Banner material be wrapped around a core to prevent crushing, should that be necessary. :D

@Tekcorps, relax.

rolling as tight as possible,taping it (NOT rubber bands!) so it won't unroll,and a good sturdy box might also solve the problem.

For all we know,Andrew, the warehouse is receiving them like this. I've run into that before.

The banner material was rolled and taped but not rolled around a core and sleeved with a clear plastic bag.  The box is 4.5" square and 40" long.  The box shows NO DAMAGE and the product was packed loosely with brown paper.

The gromets are placed irregularly and one spot they misplaced the gromet and before it cut all the way through the material, they stoped and repositioned.  I ultimately need a 36" X 48" banner so when I cut the banner off square at 49" or 50"" the bottom gromets will be an inch off.

My best guess is that it was that way long before it shipped.

post-8472-12986556115046_thumb.jpg

post-8472-12986556133605_thumb.jpg

We are shipping another banner out from our Seattle warehouse so Andrew and I can personally guarantee that this one will be in tip top shape. Apparently the message did not get through to Memphis so we will continue to work with them to make sure that these are stored and packed properly. John we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. I can guarantee that the banner shipped today will be in excellent shape when it leaves our warehouse. Please let us know when you receive the product as we want to be sure that it arrives safe this time.

John what is your phone number? Please shoot me a PM when you get this as I would like to discuss this with you. Thanks.

Guest AndrewJ

I do in fact see how its done.  :D

I briefed Levi, and shipping from Seattle Warehouse was my suggestion.  :D

OK I just opened my 3x10 banner that I got from memphis last week. No wrinkles across the banner as his had..but one big wrinkle about a foot in, the entire length of the banner. No problem,those come out easily. BUT I know why it was wrinkled. It was cut from a roll,and all of my rolls wrinkle at this point...no idea why. Maybe the weight of the roll itself. Doesn't help that the box was 4" longer than the banner...allowing the banner to slide back and forth. The box should always fit the banner. Always.

Guest AndrewJ

BannerJohn, when unrolled, although you reported no wrinkles, (except at the bottom of the roll), could you see the rise and fall of the material where the banner was rolled?  Is this expected / appropriate?

I unrolled a US Banner Roll, off the shelf, to compare, and although not wrinkled, there was a noticed undulation / rise and fall.  While the banner roll does have elastic memory, I want to make sure that the appropriate expectation is set when this product is received.  There were no creases, and when pressed the curves flattened out, but did not immediately disappear, (did not apply heat).  Is this "normal"?  Are these banners expected to be received as if ironed flat, or, expected to relax / some degree of effort to make flat? (as you remarked that in your instance, "comes out easily".

We have shipped well over 1,500+ banners with little to no complaint, and want to make sure that the appropriate level of QC is applied when inspecting these banners, as well as set the appropriate expectations, (if a rolled banner is expected to have some degree of rise and fall after being rolled out-of-box).

BannerJohn, when unrolled, although you reported no wrinkles, (except at the bottom of the roll), could you see the rise and fall of the material where the banner was rolled?  Is this expected / appropriate?

I unrolled a US Banner Roll, off the shelf, to compare, and although not wrinkled, there was a noticed undulation / rise and fall.  While the banner roll does have elastic memory, I want to make sure that the appropriate expectation is set when this product is received.  There were no creases, and when pressed the curves flattened out, but did not immediately disappear, (did not apply heat).  Is this "normal"?  Are these banners expected to be received as if ironed flat, or, expected to relax / some degree of effort to make flat? (as you remarked that in your instance, "comes out easily".

We have shipped well over 1,500+ banners with little to no complaint, and want to make sure that the appropriate level of QC is applied when inspecting these banners, as well as set the appropriate expectations, (if a rolled banner is expected to have some degree of rise and fall after being rolled out-of-box).

Just call me John. Only my mother calls me BannerJohn

anyway, yes,sometimes you get those impressions...but they go away. I just cut the banner,lay it flat,face down,for about an hour before I apply the vinyl,then roll it good side out when shipping.

The undulations are because of the grommets, the banner can't roll prefectly flat. You don't get them with raw banner material, or with 'ready to print' banner because the grommets are pretty much flush with the material.

Guest AndrewJ

BannerJohn, when unrolled, although you reported no wrinkles, (except at the bottom of the roll), could you see the rise and fall of the material where the banner was rolled?  Is this expected / appropriate?

I unrolled a US Banner Roll, off the shelf, to compare, and although not wrinkled, there was a noticed undulation / rise and fall.  While the banner roll does have elastic memory, I want to make sure that the appropriate expectation is set when this product is received.  There were no creases, and when pressed the curves flattened out, but did not immediately disappear, (did not apply heat).  Is this "normal"?  Are these banners expected to be received as if ironed flat, or, expected to relax / some degree of effort to make flat? (as you remarked that in your instance, "comes out easily".

Just call me John. Only my mother calls me BannerJohn

anyway, yes,sometimes you get those impressions...but they go away. I just cut the banner,lay it flat,face down,for about an hour before I apply the vinyl,then roll it good side out when shipping.

The undulations are because of the grommets, the banner can't roll prefectly flat. You don't get them with raw banner material, or with 'ready to print' banner because the grommets are pretty much flush with the material.

Thanks for the input BannerJohn  :):D

Just wanted to make sure that it was normal, before I ship out a 3rd roll to John ><>, with a, "Son of a...." reception.  Trying to iron out the wrinkles (pardon the pun), and make sure this gets taken care of the right way, and product received in good and appropriately expected condition.

New banner material arrived today, much better, THANKS EXCEPT, I am sure I mentioned the following

I ultimately need a 36" X 48" banner so when I cut the banner off square at 49" or 50"" the bottom grommets will be an inch off.[/Quote]

and you sent me a banner that is hemmed on all 4 sides and has only 6 grommets.  How do you suspect that I am going to make this work for a 3 X 4 banner?

BannerJohn, I sure hope your banner gets here quickly.  This banner is getting quite ridiculous, probably won't buy banner material from USCutter anymore.

post-8472-12986556212686_thumb.jpg

post-8472-12986556223317_thumb.jpg

you don't see it because they don't list a 3x4.

They also don't list US banners in anything other than 10oz.

But there are lots of other places to buy 3 x 4 banners.....

that ain't the point of the post. Of course there are..just as there are lots of other places to buy almost anything.

Guest AndrewJ

i'm not sure what the point of the post is anymore... It seems that the banner size ordered was not the size that was desired, with the expectation that it would / could be modified to make a smaller banner.  The original banner material had a different pattern of grommet holes, and hemned in such a way that would have worked but was damaged.  A replacement banner roll was sent, damaged.  A third banner roll, upgraded, and I was informed to be approved by the op, was sent, in good condition, but has the incorrect grommet hole spacing / hemned, and not suitable for modification.

/Facepalm.

We're doing our best to deliver the ordered product, in a timely fashion, and in good condition.  I understand the OP's frustration.