Stuff4Toys

How to get Wrinkles out of Banner Material???

The material was not shipped in that condition.  It was received damaged.  We have identified the cause of damage, and have provided the OP with a resolution, including immediate replacement, if necessary.  The OP asked how to remove the wrinkles, he did not file a damaged product claim.  As far as I am aware, the OP has not contacted customer support for immediate resolution.  Again, we have provided a solution, and answered the OP's question. 

The banner arrived damaged because of the way it was packed for shipping. It was folded to fit into a smaller box than the size called for.

Not by any stretch of logic could this be called damaged in shipping.

I always layed mine out in the sun, seems to work pretty good.

Been raining for 3 days, Tropical Depression 5 originated here.

Sun should shine tomorrow.

JOhn ><>

I got some like this one time (From another supplier) I hung them over a door and used a blow dryer or heat gun to get the wrinkles out. Just be careful not to get them too hot.

The material was not shipped in that condition.  It was received damaged.  We have identified the cause of damage, and have provided the OP with a resolution, including immediate replacement, if necessary.  The OP asked how to remove the wrinkles, he did not file a damaged product claim.  As far as I am aware, the OP has not contacted customer support for immediate resolution.  Again, we have provided a solution, and answered the OP's question. 

The banner arrived damaged because of the way it was packed for shipping. It was folded to fit into a smaller box than the size called for.

Not by any stretch of logic could this be called damaged in shipping.

Gotta agree with John on this one, no way that is a damage claim against the delivery company when it was packaged incorrectly.

Guest AndrewJ

Even if he can iron out half the problems there. I myself would be ashamed and embarrassed to pass on a product to my customer in that condition. I absolutely would not do it.

That being a new purchased product is totally unacceptable. I find it unbelievable that a vendor would tell a customer to fix it to begin with.

Fixed or not fixed, with or without a deadline. It should be replaced immediately. That is how you get the wrinkles out.

The material was not shipped in that condition.  It was received damaged.  We have identified the cause of damage, and have provided the OP with a resolution, including immediate replacement, if necessary.  The OP asked how to remove the wrinkles, he did not file a damaged product claim.  As far as I am aware, the OP has not contacted customer support for immediate resolution.  Again, we have provided a solution, and answered the OP's question. 

The point that I was making was that it was not damaged prior to shipment, and that we were not intentionally shipping, or "passing on" damaged product.  I agree that the way it was packaged led to it being damaged, and this has already been addressed.  It was suggested that we should be ashamed and embarrassed, which would imply intent.  I believe that the banner was shipped incorrectly, not knowing that damage may incur.  The appropriate corrective action has been taken, and this will not continue to occur.

I got to thinking last night..and remembered doing something when I was forced to use some that was wrinkled like that.here is what i did...

I stretched it out as tight as I could by putting a screw in each corner,screwing to the work table. IT was nice and flat. I then took a steamer to it (left over from my upholstery shop) and let it cool down and dry. It stayed nice and flat. I guess a heat gun or an iron with wet towel would work too. The key, I think,was getting it stretched flat to begin with.

Andrew,

You are reading what you want to read and not what is laid out in black and white.

He your customer stated, it was folded and put in the box along with a roll of vinyl and was not rolled on a tube. That is USCutter neglect that led to this mess.

As far as me stating anything about being ashamed or embarrassed had nothing to do with you or anyone. I/myself would be ashamed and embarrassed to sell my customer a banner that was wrinkled, damaged or otherwise.

That would be like me applying vinyl to that wrinkled hidious looking banner and delivering it to my customer and saying "you fix it". That would not fly!

My point here from the start is... it was USCutter's neglect in packaging what led to the damamge. Why should your customer have to fix something he paid for?

What is more amazing the way you guys handle this from the start. After all man, its only a $10 piece of material. You guys are that tight that you won't replace it when it was your fault?

Come on!

Guest AndrewJ

Where was it said that we refused to replace the material?  In fact, there are 3 or more statements that we would replace it, no question.  No problem.  The OP has not requested replacement, review the title of the thread.  He has not yet contacted customer support.  I can only say it so many times, we have acknowledged that it was packaged incorrectly, and will replace if requested.

From the start, we have attempted to answer the OP's question, Done.  We have offered additional customer support should it be needed. Had the thread been titled, "US CUTTER, replace my banner now!!!", it would have been done.  The OP knows this, and as he stated, he will contact us should he choose to.  He chose to attempt to remove the wrinkles.  

And there is a huge difference between applying and selling something known to be wrinkled and hidious, and a crew member packaging a new product not knowing that it would or even could be damaged.  An incorrect assumption was made that the product would not be damaged if folded.  Ad naseum this has been stated.  Furthermore, if I was to say, "i'm not sure about you, but i'd feel stupid if...", and to follow up with, "well thats just me, not you", there is an insinuation here, and even though the font type is black and white, Im perfectly able to read between lines.

Again, i'm not sure what your issue is here.  In review, the OP asked a question on the forum how to remove wrinkles.  We answered the question, as others have.  If you are worried about our customer support services, don't be.  As said repetitively, should the OP ask for the banner to be replaced, Levi will get it done.  I understand the logic of, "you damaged it, you replace it", and we have agreed to do so, should that be asked.  I can't say it any clearer than that.

it's a lot easier for us to say how it should have been packaged as we all deal with this stuff regularly but a warehouse person that has no clue about signs and banners really doesn't know until they are educated.  In this case the education came late as the result of a packaging error but it has been done and should not happen again.  Human error happens - we have all done something that didn't turn out so good before . . . .Right?

Andrew,

You are reading what you want to read and not what is laid out in black and white.

He your customer stated, it was folded and put in the box along with a roll of vinyl and was not rolled on a tube. That is USCutter neglect that led to this mess.

As far as me stating anything about being ashamed or embarrassed had nothing to do with you or anyone. I/myself would be ashamed and embarrassed to sell my customer a banner that was wrinkled, damaged or otherwise.

That would be like me applying vinyl to that wrinkled hidious looking banner and delivering it to my customer and saying "you fix it". That would not fly!

My point here from the start is... it was USCutter's neglect in packaging what led to the damamge. Why should your customer have to fix something he paid for?

What is more amazing the way you guys handle this from the start. After all man, its only a $10 piece of material. You guys are that tight that you won't replace it when it was your fault?

Come on!

This is how crap gets started usc was trying to give stufffortoys a quick solution so they could complete the job I read in one post where it was plainly state that the material would be replaced if the problem was not resolved

The best thing USC should have done was IMMEDIATELY put another 1 in a overnight shippment at there expence and also give the advice to fix the one that was damaged to get the job done.

That would have been great PR and generated  new sales well beyond the replacement item cost.

All this back and forth about whose fault it is, how to fix it and on and on cost them lots of sales im guessing.

All right now everyone.  Stop the chatter a and blame game, I am almost sorry I posted here.

USCutter Customer Support team, I cannot find my invoice number to open a claim, could you contact me at 941 ... 380 ... 7152 so we can get this thing taken care of.

Hot iron and damp towel did not help, steamer didn't help, laying it on the hood of my dark colored truck in the Florida Sunshine didn't help.  Cannot nail it to my work table because it's steel, but I did try holding it down with 4 25# boat anchors.

Better but still a wrinkled mess.

JOhn ><>

The best thing USC should have done was IMMEDIATELY put another 1 in a overnight shippment at there expence and also give the advice to fix the one that was damaged to get the job done.

That would have been great PR and generated  new sales well beyond the replacement item cost.

All this back and forth about whose fault it is, how to fix it and on and on cost them lots of sales im guessing.

+1

I replace anything a customer is not happy with immediately and sort out who or what went wrong later. This is a PR nightmare of the highest order and cannot be of any help what so ever too USCutter's image.  The cost of replacing the item would have been minimal to USCutter's, instead of the unknown cost of business lost through the bad publicity. I don't know what you guys were thinking on this one, the damage was clearly at your end and should have been rectified immediately.

Joe  

OK YOU GUYS CUT IT OUT.

Levi called me today and took care of it.  They are sending the new banner material out today.

Give 'em a break

JOhn ><>

OK YOU GUYS CUT IT OUT.

Levi called me today and took care of it.  They are sending the new banner material out today.

Give 'em a break

JOhn ><>

I have confirmed that the replacement product will be shipping out of our Memphis warehouse today. You will be emailed with a tracking number when it ships in a few hours. You order number is 27160, if you need anything give me a call and reference that order number. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

That's GREAT, any delay in your processing this was caused by ME not pursuing this and loosing my invoice number.  

You guys are EXCELLENT and have provided speedy customer service! after I got off my but and got ahold of you.

AGAIN ANY DELAY WAS MY FAULT!  You guys did great!

JOhn ><>

Levi is the one I go to when I need to get something done. I don't think the boss appreciates how valuable he is to USC. He makes things happen!

That GREAT, any delay in your processing this was caused by ME not persuing this and loosing my invoice number. 

You guys are EXCELLENT and have provided speedy customer service! after I got off my but and got ahold of you.

AGAIN ANY DELAY WAS MY FAULT!  You guys did great!

JOhn ><>

I am just glad we were able to get you taken care of.

Thanks for the kind words John & John.  :D

New banner material arrived this morning.

I am new to the sign business, and even newer to the banner business, so I am ignorant about the ways of life here.  Is this what new banner material should look like when you purchase a 36" X 72" 13oz banner blank?

Is this what you work with on a day to day basis?  Or should I be expecting something better?

JOhn ><>

post-8472-1298655611461_thumb.jpg

post-8472-12986556133276_thumb.jpg

no, that isn't what it should look like. It should be rolled around a cardboard roll to keep it from getting flattened out.

If you need a 3x6 in a hurry,PM me and I'll personally ship you one for $6 plus postage. You can then deal with USC at your leisure.

BannerJohn  :D:):D You do and did more about the situation that USC!

Looks like USCutter's issues continue.

John (Stuff4Toys) remember, you have to ask USC directly for refund or replacement. They don't acknowledge these things.

PM me and I can hook you up where you can by unwrinkled banner material local. Unwrinkled material usually cost a buck or two more. Well worth it!