Stuff4Toys

How to get Wrinkles out of Banner Material???

Just got a 13oz 3' X 6' Banner Blank from USCutter and it came in a box folded in half and smashed flat (grrrrr).  There are humps every 3" and a big snarly bunch on every hump where it was folded.

Other than hanging for weeks, is there a method to remove the wrinkles from this unit?

Thanks

JOhn ><>

Sorry about that. The banners generally come rolled up.. was this banner rolled and smashed or just folded? Did it look like shipping damage or poor packing? I am not sure of a method to get the wrinkles out, but I am sure Banner John has some tricks up his sleeve.

Maybe USCutter will see this and overnight me a new banner blank so I can finish this project.

JOhn ><>

We are currently looking into the matter. I will update you once we have a plan of action.

I am being told that if you simply take a clothes iron and set it to the cotton setting and lay a wet towel over it you should be able to quickly iron those folds out of the banner. If this does not work please send me a PM.

I want to make sure I was clear.

DO NOT let the iron touch the banner material. Make sure that the towel is damp so that your banner is properly protected.

You are not being serious here, are you?

Levi, you are telling a USCutter customer to fix a wrinkled banner he just purchased with a iron?

I am being told that if you simply take a clothes iron and set it to the cotton setting and lay a wet towel over it you should be able to quickly iron those folds out of the banner. If this does not work please send me a PM.

I could never get that or anything to work. When I first started I bought banners that came like that. Damn near impossible to get them flat again. One thing that did work to some degree was laying it across the hood of my truck ona  very hot sunny day. Still not perfect,but workable.Banners should NEVER be shipped in any way that could cause that. Of course you can't stop idiots at FedEx or UPS from stacking heavy stuff on top of the box. One of my banner suppliers ships ALL banners marked FRAGILE.

This one was shipped in a box with a 10 yard cut roll of vinyl.  Box only 24" long so they folded the banner.

JOhn ><>

Guest AndrewJ

I looked into the order, and it appears that it was shipped from our Memphis warehouse.  Since then, I've had a discussion with the Memphis warehouse manager, and he will better monitor how the banner rolls are packaged, (not folded), and has instructed his crew accordingly.  As a general rule, banners are never manipulated to fit a package, due to their poor elastic memory, and variable box sizes available to us.  I apologize for the inconvenience, and assure you this is not the normal or approved method of shipment.

We will continue to monitor this thread, if the banner does not return to its original condition, we will take action to resolve the issue.

BannerJohn, excellent recommendation about the fragile stickers, I will look into this practice. ;D

Wow, that is great that USCutter is making a effort to correct future problems.

But where does that leave Stuff4Toys? Iron in right hand still?

I've never bought a banner from USCutter and doubt I ever will. I have bought tons of banners from other suppliers and never once had one come not rolled on a cardboard tube or come damaged.

Totally AMAZING!

Guest AndrewJ

We are attempting to determine the severity of the damaged roll.  If it is repairable, this is our recommendation. As said before, "if the banner does not return to its original condition, we will take action to resolve the issue".  The OP mentioned that he is needing to finish a project so we are offering an immediate resolution.  If that does not work, we will of course take further action.

Wow, that is great that USCutter is making a effort to correct future problems.

But where does that leave Stuff4Toys? Iron in right hand still?

I've never bought a banner from USCutter and doubt I ever will. I have bought tons of banners from other suppliers and never once had one come not rolled on a cardboard tube or come damaged.

Totally AMAZING!

Look at the name of the thread. OP is in a hurry and needs this banner to work with him, so we are working towards that goal. If we are unable to achieve this then we will be replacing the banner. We certainly appreciate your helpful input though...

Somebody I know works for a certain shipping company (I think BROWN is their color).  He says that a FRAGILE sticker is laughable and sometimes initiates a fun smashing ceremony as the package is passed down the line. 

Just what I've heard.  ;D

I looked into the order, and it appears that it was shipped from our Memphis warehouse.  Since then, I've had a discussion with the Memphis warehouse manager, and he will better monitor how the banner rolls are packaged, (not folded), and has instructed his crew accordingly.  As a general rule, banners are never manipulated to fit a package, due to their poor elastic memory, and variable box sizes available to us.  I apologize for the inconvenience, and assure you this is not the normal or approved method of shipment.

We will continue to monitor this thread, if the banner does not return to its original condition, we will take action to resolve the issue.

BannerJohn, excellent recommendation about the fragile stickers, I will look into this practice. ;D

Good idea,Andrew.Banners should NEVER be folded but I guess someone who doesn't work with banners wouldn't know that. But now,they do.

Even if he can iron out half the problems there. I myself would be ashamed and embarrassed to pass on a product to my customer in that condition. I absolutely would not do it.

That being a new purchased product is totally unacceptable. I find it unbelievable that a vendor would tell a customer to fix it to begin with.

Fixed or not fixed, with or without a deadline. It should be replaced immediately. That is how you get the wrinkles out.

• Like 1

Guest AndrewJ

The material was not shipped in that condition.  It was received damaged.  We have identified the cause of damage, and have provided the OP with a resolution, including immediate replacement, if necessary.  The OP asked how to remove the wrinkles, he did not file a damaged product claim.  As far as I am aware, the OP has not contacted customer support for immediate resolution.  Again, we have provided a solution, and answered the OP's question. 

I didn't mean to start Flame War, US Cutter is still my favorite vendor. 

Mostly because of my ignorance and never purchasing banner materials before, I didn't know they cam delivered any other way.

Take it easy, if the wrinkles don't come out in the morning, I will be on the phone.  Pacific time is 3 or 4 hours earlier than Eastern Time.

Thanks USCutter

JOhn ><>