Sign in to follow this  
CropMarks

Print to Roland printer then contour cut on zencut green

Hello,

I have a Roland FJ-540 that has been converted to use eco-solvent ink and I am trying to figure out if I can use a Zencut Green to contour cut the oversize prints that I make.  Using Signcut (i think a 1 year license comes with it) how would I get the registration marks on the print?  I have to send the print through Roland ColorRip 2.2.  Also, I haven't seen anyone say they have actually contour cut something.  I am transfering money to my paypal account to purchase A cutter this week (what one, I'm not too sure yet).

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Miked.

Mike,

This is completely manageable, but you will need certain pieces of software in order to add registration marks for the ZenCut. You can add these marks a number of different ways, so you have options as far as which software you will need. If you currently use Corel Draw then you are set. Corel Draw has the ability to add the registration marks to your design. You would simply need to prepare your design in Corel and then export that design to your cutting software (SignCut) and your RIP Printing Software. If you are using Adobe Illustrator then you will be supplied with a piece of software called GreatCut which will add the registration marks to your design as well.

If you are looking for an all in one solution then I would recommend Flexi Pro. This software can control both the cutter and the Roland printer. You can do all of your design work to prepare the file in this software, export to your printer with the proper registration marks, and then export to your cutter. This single software solution is by far the easiest way to do this.

If you have any further questions just let me know.