john!

Jury Duty, Anyway around it?

Anyone know a way to get out of Jury Duty beings we're in the business of needing to be by computers and phones at all times?

I just got called in and don't want to put my business on hold for a entire week 9-4  :huh:

it really won't be that bad - just a call in now and then and a day or two probably - you really won't be tied up that much.  Last one I set on I thought I would be excluded because of working in the prison,  3 officers were on that Jury!

During jury selection, just tell them that you heard about that case.  Should be short trial since everyone knows the guy is guilty.  There is no way the prosecuting attorneys will let you sit on the jury.

Last time I had to go I made a tee that said

I am the mother of 4 sons

Guilty until proven innocent...

LOL

Peggy

one guy tried something like that on the jury I sat on and the judge sent him home to write and ESSAY on why he felt he couldn't be impartial.  I thought it was creative of the judge!

Butttt I had 4 sons in 4 1/2 years & they were guilty.....they still are & they are 35,34,33 & 31.

Peggy

But only when they are together, otherwise they are all very nice young men....LOL  thats the mom talking!!!!  HA HA

Peg

You could explain to them that it's your busy season and you're the only one that knows how to run the equipment.  They've been real sensitive to buisness around here, but they will put you back in the pool in 6 months.

I don't know how many people they call up where you are at, but here it is 250 min., thats a lot of contacts.

Good Luck!

If you get convicted of a felony you pretty much dont have to worry about ever getting called again

No excuse needed - ever :huh:

If you get convicted of a felony you pretty much dont have to worry about ever getting called again

No excuse needed - ever :huh:

Best plan yet!

No excuse needed - ever ;D

Best plan yet!

;D sounds good to me

Its everyones duty to be a juror. You might not like it and I can say I don't either . But wait till you are called for the Grand Jury that last for a year here in North Carolina.And what it does is listen to people give evidence and to see if a person will be Indicted or not worth it . You will hear not just a few cases but you will hear Hundreds of them over a years period . Yes I was on Grand jury duty and we were told after that year we could not be called for no kind of jury for at least two years . Guess what I was called again for Grand juryduty a second time in four years . In out county they put all registered voters names in a pot and draw names for jury duty regular or grand . So I never would have thought i would be called twice for grand jury chance of being called out of 250,000 in our county but it happened . Wish I could win the lottery like that. So go pull your Jury Duty you can learn alot by doing it .

Oh boy! North Carolina courts....... can you say what we call Kangaroo court? If you have the money it doesn't matter how guilty you are, they'll let you go, it's a real joke :blink:

Oh, by the way, if you want to get out of jury duty, a sure fire way to do it is..... Just say "I look at them and know their guilty lol. I've heard of all kinds of people that tell me they got out of it that way. Gezzzzzz

BTW, how much did they pay you to do jury duty? 10 bucks a day..... Let's see here.

1. How much did gas cost you?

2. How many miles did you run off your tires?

3. How many miles did you put on your car and engine you paid for out of pocket?

4. How much at your regular work did you lose?

5. How much food did they pay for while you were there?

6. How much did their Lawyer and the Judge make while you lost out on yours?

7. WHAT A JOKE JURY DUTY IS!!!!!!! (Let's let the idiots sit here and we can pay them peanuts to do "Our" job while we sit back and get paid mega bucks!!!!

My 2 Cents

Oh boy! North Carolina courts....... can you say what we call Kangaroo court? If you have the money it doesn't matter how guilty you are, they'll let you go, it's a real joke :blink:

Oh, by the way, if you want to get out of jury duty, a sure fire way to do it is..... Just say "I look at them and know their guilty lol. I've heard of all kinds of people that tell me they got out of it that way. Gezzzzzz

BTW, how much did they pay you to do jury duty? 10 bucks a day..... Let's see here.

1. How much did gas cost you?

2. How many miles did you run off your tires?

3. How many miles did you put on your car and engine you paid for out of pocket?

4. How much at your regular work did you lose?

5. How much food did they pay for while you were there?

6. How much did their Lawyer and the Judge make while you lost out on yours?

7. WHAT A JOKE JURY DUTY IS!!!!!!! (Let's let the idiots sit here and we can pay them peanuts to do "Our" job while we sit back and get paid mega bucks!!!!

My 2 Cents

I was called for jury duty once. Everyone that responded I'm racist & know something about this case was excused.

But on the other hand it is your duty to at least serve once on a jury. You can really learn alot. Anyways that's my 3cents.

Our duty? I think not. Our so called "duty" is to our family and our community of people and peoples. Not to a court system like ours. That's why I pay taxes for "them" to take care of those bad people, instead of people I know that could not possibly survive and feed their kids on what they are trying to pay them for all their time and lack of work. Ok, let's say John Doe went to work and all they paid him was .50 an hour, what would happen to the company paying him that little amount? I tell you what would happen, they would be in some kinda big trouble with the wage board. But the court system only has to pay you pennies to what you call "our duty". I'll tell you a little secret to where my "duty" lays. It's to my wife, 13, and 4 year old. Along with everyone else in this county that actually works and supports themselves and their family. So don't tell me where MY duty lays, I know exactly where my duty is. And another point of view of mine is our great government sending my friends over sea's for no reason.... Lesson 101... You will never "change" those people over there.. Ok, for instance, come over to the U.S. and tell a Christian there is no such thing as Jesus and see just how far that get's you lol. You might just be ask to leave their house. But anyhow, stop killing off my friends for no real reason at all. I've set back and watch their kids growing up without their dads. Just like my friends that thought they survived vietnam, guess what they did survive a little while until agent orange ate them up and now they are in their graves. For what? OH YEAH "OUR DUTY"! Now what was the reason behind killing those kids dads off?:huh:? You tell me. But anyways I'm done venting.

My five cents.

Have a great day!

I was on a Jury once where a guy tried the whole I can't be impartial, racist, etc and the Judge sent him home to complete a 2 page essay on why he couldn't be impartial. now that was funny.

Should send the judge home to write an essay on why they don't pay more for working people to sit for hours, day,months, years on end lol

It really is a shame not to at least give them a little more than they do, you know the inmates are making just a little less than they do eheehhhehe

Cheap labor..... Gotta love it weeeeeeeeeeeee

I was on a Jury once where a guy tried the whole I can't be impartial, racist, etc and the Judge sent him home to complete a 2 page essay on why he couldn't be impartial. now that was funny.

Should send the judge home to write an essay on why they don't pay more for working people to sit for hours, day,moths, years on end lol

It really is a shame not to at least give them a little more than they do, you know the inmates are making just a little less than they do eheehhhehe

Cheap labor..... Gotta love it weeeeeeeeeeeee

You can always get off of a jury based on hardship (Can't affort to lose the pay, don't have daycare) Our vanpool driver was excused because 8 other people on our van rely on him to drive us. Our other driver was on vacation so no one else could do it..

That's exactly what I was speaking of, they are actually caring a little bit now??? WOW! They used to didn't even care what you had going. It's about time!

dry.gif

Our duty? I think not. Our so called "duty" is to our family and our community of people and peoples. Not to a court system like ours. That's why I pay taxes for "them" to take care of those bad people, instead of people I know that could not possibly survive and feed their kids on what they are trying to pay them for all their time and lack of work. Ok, let's say John Doe went to work and all they paid him was .50 an hour, what would happen to the company paying him that little amount? I tell you what would happen, they would be in some kinda big trouble with the wage board. But the court system only has to pay you pennies to what you call "our duty". I'll tell you a little secret to where my "duty" lays. It's to my wife, 13, and 4 year old. Along with everyone else in this county that actually works and supports themselves and their family. So don't tell me where MY duty lays, I know exactly where my duty is. And another point of view of mine is our great government sending my friends over sea's for no reason.... Lesson 101... You will never "change" those people over there.. Ok, for instance, come over to the U.S. and tell a Christian there is no such thing as Jesus and see just how far that get's you lol. You might just be ask to leave their house. But anyhow, stop killing off my friends for no real reason at all. I've set back and watch their kids growing up without their dads. Just like my friends that thought they survived vietnam, guess what they did survive a little while until agent orange ate them up and now they are in their graves. For what? OH YEAH "OUR DUTY"! Now what was the reason behind killing those kids dads off?:huh:? You tell me. But anyways I'm done venting.

My five cents.

Have a great day!

Hey Ash

One word for you :

W O O S H A ! ;)

P.S.

I agree with you.

Yeah I know you were, I was just talking about everybody talking about duty, not you lol. I agree with what you said as well. I try to stick up for all my fellow americans and my friends. Don't like people getting the short end of the stick, lord knows we have wayyyyyy to much of that going on these days. My whole family is military and always has been military since the first Smith or should I say Smyth came from england over here. They all fought for one thing, their family and their friends and their freedoms. Man there's not one red blooded american I wouldn't stand beside of and fight for. The problem is, we are letting our so called "government" control us now. The government was made by the "people"... but which people? Anyone have the answer? I sure don't lol

But anyhow, wow don't get me on politics geshhhh lol :unsure::D

its ok if you really can't afford to miss work, but if you don't have any good excuse, other than you will miss oprah, then its just unamerican. If you got arrested for something that you feel your innocent, you'll be glad the sixth amendment is there and that some people are willing to waste their time on your trial. Not every trial is a drunk driver that is obviously guilty, sometimes a jury is actually needed.

I just got out of jury duty because i couldn't afford to miss work. Im an electrician and work is very slow. Ive barely been working at all for the past 2 years but right now there is a big job here locally and im working a ton of overtime (60-70 hours). The job is supposed to be completed before summertime. Im currently bringing home about about 6 times what my unemployment was. I wrote a letter saying that this work won't be here long and i can't afford to miss it. I got rescheduled for September and i will be happy to serve if it works out.

Hey j4, that's what I've been trying to say. It's men like you that shouldn't have to go sit while you loose what money you can get. I have 2 computer shops and been in business for 28+ years, but I've seen friends and family really suffer over this stuff and it doesn't impress me at all.