Ok so my machine is cutting stuff way to long. I was cutting a item that was 21in long. if i cut it length of the vinyl it does fine. but when i flip it to cut across the width of the vinyl it cuts it full 24in long.

i'm using SignCut as my software

possibly post some pictures of your cutting screen,  maybe someone can see something, that is not right then.

are you starting far enough to the right edge to get it on your vinyl, and hitting the origin button?  Guess I'm not to sure of what you are saying,  It is cutting the whole design from one edge to the other edge?    so your design is actually 24" wide

I am no expert on the pcuts, but on mine pcut machine, it has a x-scale and a y-scale on the control panel.  Somehow your y scale seems to be too long.  Try bringing that number lower 50 or so and try it again, remeasure it and adjust as needed.

Read the newbie manual first in the instructional section.

Paco

Open SignBlazer, click Cutter, then click Setup. You should see the Cutting Size Correction on that screen. Click that and run the calibration. That should solve the problem.

Open SignBlazer, click Cutter, then click Setup. You should see the Cutting Size Correction on that screen. Click that and run the calibration. That should solve the problem.

You might want to reread the OP's post,  they are using Signcut.  Not Signblazer. 

Oops! :X

Open SignCut, click Cutter, click Calibrate Cutter Size, run the calibration.