Sign in to follow this  
may0024

Need help with response to customer, PLEASE

I have a customer that ordered a design for wall application. I use Oracal 631. After applying the design, there are areas of some letters that are not adhering to the wall. NOW the customer tells me the design has been applied over lightly textured wallpaper. (I do have disclaimers about applying to wallpaper & textured surfaces.) She is asking me if there is an adhesive that she can use to keep the letter from falling off. She is ADAMANT that she wants the letters on her wall. The circles that she ordered are adhering well with no problems. Has anyone run into this dilemma & used 3M adhesive spray or something similar to adhere the parts that are not staying? Or should I try a different font? The current one has decorative trendrils.

Thanks for any input.

I would go with 651 and tell her it might be hard to remove. Or tell her to go over the letters she has with a tennis ball. Iy helps to push down the vinyl into the texture.

I had this issue on my moms wall with 631 as well; the tennis ball works great.  It has been up for 5 months and no issues.

I would go with 651 and tell her it might be hard to remove. Or tell her to go over the letters she has with a tennis ball. Iy helps to push down the vinyl into the texture.

Yes Johns right on as usual tennis ball works great in Florida almost all walls have rough texture and the tennis ball works good.  Have her maybe try to clean the wall a little if she can might have a light film of dust or grease that can't be seen ..

If you still have issues, hit it with a combo of heat gun and tennis ball.  This technique has gotten 631 to stick for me on some of the most textured surfaces I've seen on walls.

Thanks for all of the input! Maybe I should stock up on tennis balls!

best tool for the money that you will ever have.