jmatson

Peeling up Letters

Ok. my Machine and or SIgncut is making this hard to do.

i'm using Brush Script at my Font. And it's peeling up at every letter that joins the next one.

It only does it with this font

post-8070-12986555936149_thumb.jpg

post-8070-12986555960361_thumb.jpg

have you tried backing your blade in?  As I just showed someone else,  take the blade holder out of the carriage, and cut  a piece of vinyl. It should not be cutting into the vinyl  backing. If it does,  blade is out too far. Give it a whirl.  See if it helps. 

nope the blade is hardly sticking through. and it's still peeling off the very thin edges off ea letter

Weld the letters - this will take the overlapping paths and join the letters while deleting the cuts that would have separated the letters.

-Mike

I don't use illustrator - so googled and found this link - maybe it will make sense to you.

http://papyrusjungle.blogspot.com/2009/06/connecting-letters-in-illustrator.html

I believe Mars is correct and this is the cause of the problem. You may also want to slow your cut down to see if that helps after you do the weld.

The pathfinder tool in Illustrator is what I use to quickly combine a script font.

back the pressure off and blade back in to where it doesn't cut thur the vinyl, then add that little bit back in!  Looks very much like too much blade out - you really can't go by looks.