Sign in to follow this  
bsworks75

Illustrator and mac to cut?!

Just got my cutter (mh 721) in my perfect world I want to do this: Design with Illustrator CS2 on my mac and print directly to the cutter. In a secondary perfect world I could create on my mac in illustrator and export to my husbands PC where we could cut it. How close can I get to living in my perfect world?! :huh:

Update: I downloaded a free trial of Signcut and I'm able to open a .eps in the signcut but when I tell the application to cut my mh721's knife runs all the way to the left and makes a god aweful noise as it keeps trying to run to the left.. runs to the right and pounded down on the vinyl a few times then repeated the first step, then sucked in a lot of vinyl.. at this point I rest the machine for fear it would junk up perfectly good vinyl.. Any suggestions or help is SUPER appreciated! :huh:

did you click origin button. on your cutter before sending your design to cut?  Was the cutter head all the way to the right first before sending and far enough away from the left side to do your order?