Sign in to follow this  
MikeOswald

What would you consider a fair asking price for a used FC7000 54"

A local broker has a whole sign shop for sale.    The main piece is a fc7000 used, not sure how old yet.  They are asking $3k or $3500 with a mac and software (also not sure what is on it).  Also about 100 rolls of vinyl of various colors, widths.  Don't know all the details yet, its about a 1.5 hr drive just want a little more info to go back to the guy and maybe submit a lower offer.    I currently own a 48" p-cut but I have been having problems with quality on small parts. 

If the thing works, I'd jump on it at that price with all that vinyl...and who knows what else he will throw in. If the software is Flexi for the mac, I'd jump even faster.

Thanks John, I have mis-spoke aboove.  The $3K is for the machine only.  $3.5K for machine and cpu, and $5-$5.5K for machine, computer and all the vinyl.  Does that change your opnion on how good of a deal this might be?  Sorry for the mix up.

Yes, 54" cutter  :huh:

Not sure about the software, won't know until I look in person.  The broker doesn't know much yet as they just aquired everything, and of course want to flip it fast.  I would assume flexi or so other industry program as this was from a commericial sign shop.

It would have came with Cutting Master2  and they could have just imported from  Illy or Corel plugin also.  My Fc7000 model was new in  Feb,2008. Don't know how many years they made the FC7000, probably 2007 also and possibly earlier. New now in 2009 came out the Fc8000

Graphtec FC7000-130 with stand: $5,995 MSRP

Sign Warehouse price: $4,995

so if it's in like new condition, 3k would be a good deal. Esp if that price includes the mac.Even an older mac is worth a few hundred,minimum.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.  It is probably not in like new condition

What if the machine has 2 solid years of wear and tear on it.  Is $2,500 reasonalble with the mac?  I know the graphtecs are build like tanks and should last forever though.  Bottomline is I don't want to over pay for the machine as 54" is probably way over kill for what I need, but gives me flexibilty down the road as I grow..

that just kinda depends on how fast they want to move it.  Seeing as how the business..  Is out of business. maybe it didn't ran so much  LOL   I run mine almost every day,  and it works great and  is like new...

I've actually downgraded to a 24", nothing I do is larger than 24" so why have a huge machine. Chances are that if they want something 30+ inches, a big company can do it for cheaper.

I actually started my business with a 30" cutter and still maintain the need for a 30"  But have never needed larger than 30"  54" is a huge machine.  I just measured my machine...  even though it is a 30"  the actual width of my machine is almost 50"  You had better have alot of room for  it. 

Ok, Cutting Pro (never heard of it) is the software preload on the MAC.  Machine is 2 years old with daily use.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bfs/1878116513.html

Probably still out of my range as the high offer is $4500 (rejected) for machine, cpu and vinyl on the racking.

Might still be a good deal for the right person starting out though

My machine is Cutting Pro also,  So it is the Cutting Master software that comes with it.    Actually for someone who needed THAT big of machine and all of that stuff, and was just starting out,  I think would be a good deal.  But the machine is overkill in my opinion. 

if it was a super good deal i would jump on it just to turn around and flip it and make some cash. like i got my ce5000-120 which is a 48" for only $1200 is practically new condition. it was wayyyy too good of a deal to pass up and i had the intentions of just making some money off it and getting the 24" one but nope it has been here to stay =D. maybe i will upgrade if i can ever get a printer