ff-extreme

rc car question

I have raced rc cars competitively for years now. Both nitro and electric. I would go with electric since he is that young. Nitro can be a pain sometimes to get the motor tuned right and he maintenece on it... If you are dead set on nitro i would atleast get something you can go down to the local hobby shop and get parts for..IT WILL BREAK... ANything from AE, Traxxas, LOSI, etc should be good... Let me know if you need anything else i can help you out.

James

Well. In my honest opinion i would be a bit woried about that one for a 13 year old, Has he run electric before?or would this be his first car.

Also i would be concerned about parts and avalibility for a off brand such as that. And also the durability of a 1/8 scale truggy is not the best as a basher type truck would be with minimal performance loss.

If price is your big selling point i would say give it a try. But in my opinion i would get something in a name brand monster truck that would take a beating and is more basher/backyard geared.

Traxxas Maxx/Revo, HPI Savage/MT, Associated GT. There is alot of trucks out there but do keep in mind they will break and if your havin fun with them they will break alot. Just be sure to get something you will have support for, ease of parts and easy repair and assembly.

Definitely go with a name brand you can easily get parts for.  You will be needing parts after the first week if he really gets running this thing hard. 

Thanks for all your input, he has had electric before so were moving up to gas. Guess Ill be shopping for the next few days

I know I am a little late to this, but if you want something that is durable and can be up-graded later on without any trouble, get a losi. My brother in law has one, and if something breaks, you can fix it fairly easy. And the parts a cheap. Upgrades are just about endless for them also. But if you are looking for a 4-wd truck of some kind, I would recommend the HPI savage. I have 2 of them (one with the stock .21 and one with a pro .28), and they will take a pretty good beatin. The first one(.21) that I got had sat in a barn for a couple of years, and it fired up fairly easy after I got it cleaned up. The only thing that I have had go wrong with it was the spur gear stripped out on me. You might want to check out Back Woods RC, it is a local vendor to me and he really knows his stuff when it comes to rc's.