Sign in to follow this  
nateslate

EcoCut Trouble

I recently bought an EcoCut through UScutter and I'm having a hard time using it with my Mac. First let me say that I'm new to vinyl cutters, so everything is very new and scary to me. With that said I'm also a graphic designer so I have a good handle on files being used and sent to the cutter. I'm using a Dynex USB to Serial cable, and was told by their support that the cable should just be plug and play. So is there a driver I need to download specifically for my EcoCut? I've looked online and haven't seen a whole lot of info on the EcoCut. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

alot of Mac users are having better luck using a Keyspan adapter,  that is the brand name  Keyspan,  and can be purchased at many locations and online,  You can also do a search of Keyspan in the search on this forum,  and it is fixing alot of problems. 

Thanks Speedoggy. I may have to buy another cable. Do I need to install a driver on my mac for my cutter like you would for a printer, or should I be able to just plug the cord in and start cutting?

Once I've installed the usb driver for the cutter should there be a new option under the output device/ port option in SignCut regardless to the kind of cable I'm using?

nateslate - were you able to get your cutter to work?  it sounds like I'm having the same problems you had.  I can't get my ecocut to respond at all.

nateslate has not been on since 8/8  so probably no answer there.  just submit a ticket to USCUTTER  from the support section,