Sign in to follow this  
Guest spider2076

'Thank You' question..

Guest spider2076

I definately appreciate when someone helps out with a graphic or posts on on the site that I can use. However, is it really necessary for everyone to post a thank you after downloading a file?  How big is the server for this forum? Doesn't posting all of these extra TYs take up space? I know i wouldn't be upset one bit if i posted a graphic and 100 people downloaded it but only 1 responded wuth a thank you.    Maybe i'm just weird that way.??

This topic has come up before but from the other side of the fence.  Most people want a response and appreciation when they GIVE something to the forum.  As far as the thank you posts affecting the forum, they actually help the forum.  Even though it is just a thank you, its still a post and its activity on the forum which increases the stats. 

If nobody got a thank you after posting a graphic, then most wouldn't bother posting graphics anymore.

True that most people appreciate an acknowledgement that the effort they put forth was appreciated

Guest spider2076

Not trying to start anything negative. Just didn't know if it would eventually affect the site due to size.