Sign in to follow this  
Jwilkinson

Communication problems with flexi and Mac with copam plotter

I just received my copam cp-3500 plotter and my copy of flexistarter 8.5 for Mac. I got the software running like it should with the dongle thanks to another post about drivers. I can get production manager to see the plotter via USB cable.

My problem is when attempting to cut. I send the job to plotter and it begins to cut. Then about halfway through it stops cutting leaving the plotter stuck on "Cutting" and the job either shows complete on production manager or stuck at some random percentage.

I've read some posts regarding USB not being ideal, but I have no serial ports on my Mac. So my ONLY option is USB.

Please if anyone has ANY opinions or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!! I'm stuck with have cut vinyl!

No local stores carry that brand so I did purchase a staples branded serial to USB adaptor. This doesn't help at all. Doesn't even see the plotter that way.

You will probably have to order it,  There are numereous places online,,,, I did show you the brand "Keyspan"   not just any ol'  usb -serial  adapter will work..

flexi starter is the best software for mac,

but to cut from a mac you need the Keyspan,

uscutter should be bundling this with any cutter they sell "for mac"

or at least making it available as an option.

this is a Requirement for clean communication.

yes other this will work, maybe, sometimes, sort of,  save your self hours of trial and error and headaches, just get the keyspan.

:huh:

Having sort of the same problems.  I can't even send the data to the cutter.  I'm running Mac OS 10.6.4 (New 27" iMac) with a copam cutter using Flexi 8.5v2.  I also have the keyspan that has been suggested by almost everyone on  here as well as the 9-25 pin adapter. I've also downloaded the Sentinel Driver, but I still get the "Cannot Find Driver" prompt when I try to cut.  Please if there's anyone that could help, it would be greatly appreciated.  I've been working on this 8 hours a day for about a week now.  ;D