Sign in to follow this  
lauryka1969

Hi Confused newbie from ohio

use inkscape.org   Free software

This walk through explains the basics of vectorising in Inkscape.

Step 1) Import your image. Click File>Import, find your file and click OK.

Step 2) Select the image, go to the top of the screen, click Path>Trace Bitmap.

Step 3) The Trace Bitmap menu will then open. Here you can select how you want your image vectorised and adjust the settings. You can also generate a preview. Once you are happy with the preview click OK and close the Trace Bitmap screen.

Step 4) Now you will have your new vector image and the old raster (bitmap, jpeg, gif etc) image stacked on top of each other. Seperate the two and delete the raster.

Step 5) Play around with your new vector image!

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=31&nav=0

Guest AndrewJ

welcome to the forum, glad to have you here  :thumbsup:

use inkscape.org   Free software

This walk through explains the basics of vectorising in Inkscape.

Step 1) Import your image. Click File>Import, find your file and click OK.

Step 2) Select the image, go to the top of the screen, click Path>Trace Bitmap.

Step 3) The Trace Bitmap menu will then open. Here you can select how you want your image vectorised and adjust the settings. You can also generate a preview. Once you are happy with the preview click OK and close the Trace Bitmap screen.

Step 4) Now you will have your new vector image and the old raster (bitmap, jpeg, gif etc) image stacked on top of each other. Seperate the two and delete the raster.

Step 5) Play around with your new vector image!

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=31&nav=0

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Welcome from West Virginia

Dan

Thank you so much for the help! I was able to convert our logo and get started on our shirts!....In case you were wondering The logo is for The Ohio Ghosthunters Association (T.O.G.A.) And I'm Laury The founder. We are located in Mason Ohio. Which is about 20 miles or so north of Cincinnati. I was spending so much money on having shirts and hats and stuff done that I decided it was time to buy the equipment i needed  in order to do them myself, along with our banners and other signage.  So I will probably be on here a lot asking questions lol.