ncstate

Sign Cut X2 freezing up

MY Sign cut x2 is freezing up way to much now. I can normally only do 1 or 2 cuts and it freezes up. It doesn't lock up the computer, I just have to end program and restart machine and computer before I can cut again.

I have always had trouble with Sign Cut and it has always been very fragile to use, but this is ridiculous. Normally if I wouldn't cut for 30 mins or so or if I opened up the wrong program it would freeze up, but I am making sure no other program opens up and I cut regulary. I even uninstalle dmy anti software program so it would not come up.

Please help I have a Seiki machine with a usb connector on Com3

Thanks

Not sure I will have the answer you desire...but the first thing to come to my mind is to question the specs on your computer such as OS, processor, memory, and whether you currently have any other bridge software installed on the same computer or Signblazer for that matter?

I don't have any other sign software installed on this computer. I am running Windows Vista 32 bit. I have an 80 GIG hard drive dual core processor etc. I don't think it's the computer specs that are messing this up. Does trying to change the force or speed of the machine mess it up maybe when in Signcut. I don't normally do that, I really can't pinpoint what causes this to happen. I will say my computer goes into sleep mode when it is left untouched for 30 mins or so. Once it goes in sleep mode, it will never cut again until I restart. Also, my CA antivirus software will pop up and scan about 1 hour after computer is on. I'm not sure but think this may screw it up to. I have uninstalled CA software.

Any Help?

Thanks

Swicth off sleep modes first!

Paco

I highly recommend taking advantage of the free upgrade from X2 to Pro. To do this you will need to go to www.sc-x2.com, login to the members section, and click the free upgrade link which will be on the home page in the members area. Hopefully this solves the problem.

X2 has not been updated in over 2 years, go to www.sc-x2.com log in using your registered email and license number then scroll down and choose migrate to move to our newest release. This will generate a new license and email you download instructions for the new product.

The problem you have reported is generally caused by loss of communication, the seikis and some other import machines have shaky communication when using the internal USB/Serial converter card. We reccomend you use the Keyspan adapter from triplite as it solves most communication problems.