Sign in to follow this  
boosted

What would you charge?

I have a price that I am gonna charge, but I have one customer(not this one) who thinks my pricing is really steep. I just want reassurance that I am not out to lunch. This customer is a good customer at my real job, and a semi close buddy. What would you get for this installed(both sides)? 

post-7448-12986555765495_thumb.jpg

post-7448-12986555782213_thumb.jpg

steep? Wow. I think WAY too cheap. a set of doors 1 color goes for $100 installed here....

I hope you and the customer knows neon vinyl is temporary and never holds up as well on the color like regular vinyls...

That is just a photo shop rendition of one of the designs I came up with, not an actual photo of the install. I will post pics after I install this week. I am charging him $150 for both sides installed of the revised logo(took the stars out and went with a solid flame).

$150. I would charge for design time and installation too! any where from $250-300 for two doors. I just did a van for $2,500.00

That is just a photo shop rendition of one of the designs I came up with, not an actual photo of the install. I will post pics after I install this week. I am charging him $150 for both sides installed of the revised logo(took the stars out and went with a solid flame).

Is that the price the one customer thought was steep? 

Is that the price the one customer thought was steep? 

No. the customer that complains is actually my boss at my day job. he never complains about his prices, but always says I am ripping everyone else off. I am pretty sure he is busting my balls, and if not I don't care. I just wanted to make sure that I am in line with most. most of my work is for friends and or customers of my real job, and I am not looking to be the next vinyl millionaire.

$150 for art and install? This truck is going to be advertising for his business for years and you are going to charge 1/4 of what I paid for a small one color yellow page ad. last year.

I agree with Core, I get $120 for design, cut and install for one color/2 doors. For all the colors on your picture I would be in the $250-$300 range.

$150 for art and install? This truck is going to be advertising for his business for years and you are going to charge 1/4 of what I paid for a small one color yellow page ad. last year.

I agree with Core, I get $120 for design, cut and install for one color/2 doors. For all the colors on your picture I would be in the $250-$300 range.

Agreed, I know this isn't your full time job but there is no reason not to be up with the industry standard on pricing. It just makes the rest of us doing this full time look bad when someone who doesn't does it for peanuts.

Not trying to knock you but charge more for your work and understand the return he will get from this. He's making WAY more off the job than you  :thumbsup:

understood, but when I am up against $30 magnets I think I got the most i could out of him. I do not undervalue my work, but I do have some price whores in the area that I have to compete with.

understood, but when I am up against $30 magnets I think I got the most i could out of him. I do not undervalue my work, but I do have some price whores in the area that I have to compete with.

all in all, i understand how it is to compete with people giving away work but they won't be there as long as you if you do value yours. There is a reason they are giving them away at $30 a pair. I'm sure the design is junk as well as the quality.