Sign in to follow this  
mac6986

roland colorcamm pc-60

anybody have any experience with this model? i need to replace my 24" cutter, and having the option to print if i so choose later is an added bonus. would it be worth $300-$400

well i ended up purchasing for $350. regardless of the print feature being outdated and in-efficient, i still think it was worth it for the cutter.

its a step up from my cutter pros cr630. and the printing works great too. i am aware of the steep cost to replace the heads when they go, and the ribbons run about $8 a sq. ft. to operate, but its moving my little operation up to the next level. so for $350 plus shipping, with a bunch of extras, im not complaning in the least  ;D

Hello I just purchased a pc-60 along with some other equipment for a price I could not pass up either, so even if I use it as a back up plotter I would be happy. Mine come with no paperwork, manual, or software. I have always subed out my printing and dont have any experience getting a file from design software to printer. I do my design work in Illustrator cs4 and photoshop and run my current plotter with sign blazer elements. Could anyone walk me through what I will need as far as software,drivers ect to try this thing out??

Thanks!

haven't had any replys to this thread but thought I would throw out an update just in case anyone was interested??? I found a users manual online and printed it off. I bought a set of ribbons and also a keyspan to hook to the parallel port. When I try to do a self test the "busy" and "color" light flash.....anyone know what this means?? don't see it in the manual anywhere. the cut test seems to work well.

I would be happy to use this thing as a plotter but I am not sure if sign blazer can output to it......any ideas??