Sign in to follow this  
berk0080

Vinyl cutter for for screen printing

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a vinyl cutter strictly for it's cut-through capabilities to create stencils for screen printing and such. Basically I am trying to bypass the whole photo emulsion thing. I am currently looking at the MH-721. Would this be able to cut-through ORAMASK 811 Paint Mask Stencil material? Would you suggest a different material? Ideally It would be an opaque sheet-like plastic material... ;D

Thanks!

-J

There's another product you can get to cut down on the Emulsion process. It's called Capallary I think. Basically, you wet the screen, place the Capallary Film on the screen, and use the squeege to smooth it out. Let it dry, then expose your design on it.

I hate the emulsion process too. To tell you the truth I hate washing out the screen after exposing it. It seems like you have to run the water for a few minutes and than the emulsion starts coming out in the spots it's suppose to come out of.

Every now and then, like yesterday, I forget a step and wonder why it's not washing out. I was so close to finishing the washout and a few small lines just wouldn't wash out. I had to start all over, and now I have to go back and re-expose the screen and wash it out, Argg!

There's another company called EZscreenprint.com that sells the sheet with the emulsion already in it. It looks almost like Capallary, but the screens already there. You just tape it to a frame. The problem is that it's too short, and you can't get as many prints cause it'll fall off. Maybe you can see if they have larger sheets.