Sign in to follow this  
rvargas831

CREATION PCUT CT1200 - CUTTING PROBLEMS

rvargas831    0

ok folks....i'm very new with vinyl cutting...i have a Creation Pcut CT1200 and using Signcut Pro to make tshirts...my problem is as follows......during the cutting process, it just stops cutting....at the point, i have to close program and restart my computer. once i do this, i access signcut pro again, and my usb coonection is missing....i am sooooo confused and frustrated...everytime is stops cutting in the middle of a project, i have to start all over...= wasted material and time.....ugh frustrated....PLEASE HELP......

Dakotagrafx    5,569

you might want to seriously consider using the serial connection - it is more reliable to many people.  I personally never had a problem but many people have cured this by going serial

bamafan2277    50

Serial is a older type of connection but offers the data flow that the cutter needs.

Pcut cutters don't have a large onboard memory and sometimes USB connection can dump too much to the cutter and lock it up.

Using a serial to usb keyspan will allow the cutter to receive a constant flow of data that will not clog it up.

You can check some out here. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=keyspan+usb+to+serial&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3341261937&ref=pd_sl_9n644snxni_b

Rodger    527

I use a serial to serial cord . You might want to try that if you have serial plugs on your computer & cutter  ( Radio Shack sells them = $16 ) .

Dakotagrafx    5,569

using the dedicated xp desktop is a great way to go!  I design on one computer and take the design by thumbdrive to the cutter and do the work

rvargas831    0
:huh: YOU GUYS ARE FABLUOUS!!!!!!!!!! I SOOOOO APPRECIATE ALL THE INFO.....OK, SO I WENT OUT AND BROUGHT A SERIAL ADAPTER...TOOK IT HOME AND MY LAPTOP ISNT COMPATABLE....LONG STORY SHORT...ENDED UP BUYING AND RETURNING 5 DIFFERENT SERIAL ADAPTERS...ENDED UP CALLING HP...COME TO FIND OUT..WINDOWS VISTA HAS PROGRAM ERRORS THAT WONT ACCEPT ANY TYPE OF ADAPTER  :thumbsup:.....SO I GUESS I HAVE TO BUY A NEW COMPUTER....:thumbsup::huh: BUMMER :-

rvargas831    0

DAKO...QUESTION...I'M SUCH A NEWBIE AND NOT VERY COMPUTER SAVY.....WHAT IS A "THUMBDRIVE":huh:?? AND HOW DOES IT WORK?:thumbsup:?YOU MEAN I DONT HAVDE TO HAVE A COMPUTER CONNECTED TO MY CUTTER?:thumbsup: