Sign in to follow this  
jonvince

illustrator cs2 plug-in

A few questions...

Does anyone know of any free plug ins I can download for illustrator cs2 for my mac that will run my cutter with laserpoint as my windows laptop died? 

I am also thinking about buying flexi starter for mac, plan on buying a laptop and was also curious if the dongle I buy for my mac will work on windows as well or would it be best to just run it on windows?  I've read that people have problems running the cutter via USB on windows, has anyone experienced such problems on a mac?

To get yourself going again, you could download the trial Signcut for 7 days. 

Flexistarter Mac is only for Mac.  not windows also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Flexi-Starter-8-5-vinyl-cutter-Flexistarter-SIGN-/270613156133?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f01cd1125

Some people don't have any problems on windows USB, others do.  A Keyspan adapter can be used .

I have also seen problems with the Mac dropping. ,  thus the Keyspan adapter worked for them also. 

No matter what system you use.  You need to ground your cutter to your cutter stand for  vinyl static to release.

What if I were to buy flexi starter for windows...would I then be able to run it on mac? 

No. Not unless you have an intel mac with Windows installed. If that was the case there is not much use for having a mac.